Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patsy Cline-Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits SACD...just got this one today and decided to listen to it...this was a curiosity buy for me...I'm not a country music lover...but her voice just got to me...she has this tortured quality in her vocal range...just unique and powerful...not the soft and cuddly type..this disc is so so impressive...the sound quality is like the Nat King Cole discs..which I hold in high regard..and I'm hearing a lot of these songs for the first time and I like them...I had heard Crazy and I Fall To Pieces...but none of the others...and they are excellent...

I had no idea that she died at 30..plane crash..and her life was the stuff that country songs are all about...tragedy...triumph..overcoming all odds...she had them all in her short life...her mother was 16 when she gave birth to Virginia Patterson Hensley...later to become Patsy Cline...she dropped out of high school and worked various jobs to help her mother after her father had left them...she convinced a dj on the local radio station to let her sing..and that started her career...she was one of the main driving forces within country music to have women become headline performers in a male dominated genre..many owe a lot to this woman...

Listening to I fall to Pieces...you can hear the pain and sorrow in her voice..and on this disc it's as if you were right there with her in front of the microphone...very cool stuff..

I feel like a love sick puppy...like those teen years when you just knew you were in love...here I am again giving another Patsy Cline testimonial.....geeze...I just freaking love this disc..Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits SACD...and for a life long rocker it's quite a humbling experience to admit this...I haven't really mentioned this new development to my "real world" friends...of course my friends in the cyber community already know about this sonic lust...I must admit I didn't see this one coming...most country music I can't stand...have joked about it for years...maybe this is a pay back of some sorts...This and the Nat King Cole discs have been game changers for me...Nat is soooooooooooooooooo smooth...and sounds a little better...but Patsy has that voice that just draws you in..

Is the mono mix included also? Mine got lost in the mail or I'd be playing it too.

I'll do a more extensive look tomorrow...I had actually expected some mono songs..I really like the sound of that disc..it certainly sounds much better than the Pet Sounds SHM-SACD

It's a good one. Features flat transfers of the original tapes. Will make an interesting comparison to the Analogue Productions edition arriving later this year on SACD. "Little Honda" in SACD Stereo is a definite highlight! :)

Just got done playing the BOC Agents Of Fortune SACD on repeat for several hours. Now it's time for a movie.

front.jpg

Not bad at all.

Back