Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had the cd but the blu-ray sounds great to me. The surround mix is different than most good surround mixes I'm used to. It doesn't sound that discrete but it works and produces this hard, rocking sound. I find it intriguing that Bob Clearmountain came up with this mix while taking a much different approach on Bob Marley: Legend, which also sounds phenomenal.

Agree, the mix sounds very raw to me, as if he's in your room.

I am listening to The Best of The Ramsey Lewis Trio. I am loving it, but am wondering if it should have a silent channel or is someone doing double duty running between channels?:yikes This has me wondering if their albums were made on multitrack tape to begin with because I would love to hear any of the Cadet LP's in surround.

I am listening to The Best of The Ramsey Lewis Trio. I am loving it, but am wondering if it should have a silent channel or is someone doing double duty running between channels?:yikes This has me wondering if their albums were made on multitrack tape to begin with because I would love to hear any of the Cadet LP's in surround.

What format is the Ramsey Lewis Trio?

At a very loud volume....listening to Tears For Fears (SFTBC)
Particularly - The Working Hour

This song sounds excellent at higher volumes. Next....Everybody Wants to Rule The World

At a very loud volume....listening to Tears For Fears (SFTBC)
Particularly - The Working Hour

This song sounds excellent at higher volumes. Next....Everybody Wants to Rule The World

On to Head Over Heels - OK, this was a very radio friendly song...but....

This song sounds amazing in hi-rez...IMO. I have it cranked pretty damn loud. The mix is super, sonics excellent. Great stuff.....

Now were talking...hehe

HOnestly...you know? When you have a jamming system...you just wish you could invite friends over and enjoy it. This is great. To brag a bit....when I throw the throttle down on my system - it just sounds amazing. LOL! I'm enjoying it...wife is shopping so I'm having a great time with the music.

Bryan Adams now....no less impressive. Wow.....I fear my 7 rating was too low. This simply needs to be cranked. Sounds great. Rock-n-Roll!

HOnestly...you know? When you have a jamming system...you just wish you could invite friends over and enjoy it. This is great. To brag a bit....when I throw the throttle down on my system - it just sounds amazing. LOL! I'm enjoying it...wife is shopping so I'm having a great time with the music.

Bryan Adams now....no less impressive. Wow.....I fear my 7 rating was too low. This simply needs to be cranked. Sounds great. Rock-n-Roll!

That's why I don't rate them right away...I've liked that disc more and more...

Ian Anderson - Homo Erraticus - DVD - In preparation for his concert here on Friday...

That's why I don't rate them right away...I've liked that disc more and more...

I know - I'm learning......Thing is...I'm torn. I have the half of me that wants instant surround bliss...then there is the other half of me that just likes an amazing solid mix that I can crank. And...well...it seems Bryan Adams is that. It flat out cranks, sounds great and has a very decent surround mix.

I know - I'm learning......Thing is...I'm torn. I have the half of me that wants instant surround bliss...then there is the other half of me that just likes an amazing solid mix that I can crank. And...well...it seems Bryan Adams is that. It flat out cranks, sounds great and has a very decent surround mix.

The more you crank that disc the more it opens up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back