Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were LP's that purposely had an A side!! You think, "man, this is unbelievable." Then you hear the duds on side B.

"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough, in the second half you give what's left." - Yogi Berra

haha! On the CD it is, yes! I meant of the original vinyl. It's one of those albums that improves considerably as it plays out.

Unlike a fair few 70's albums where the best stuff was on the first side or few tracks and the rest a bit.. "meh".

There were LP's that purposely had an A side!! You think, "man, this is unbelievable." Then you hear the duds on side B.

"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough, in the second half you give what's left." - Yogi Berra

HA! Just like those LPs, when you've given your all in the first half, there's nothing left!

Unless you're NOT small, like a certain QQ stud round here.. then there's always plenty to go around!! :D

Depeche Mode-Violator DTS 96/24 (major chords...what's that?? ...ohhh yeah, that stuff we used in our 1st album!!!!)

More:
Sting- Ten Summoner's tales DTS-cd (OK, this MCH mix , being my fave Sting CD, has grown on me...I was a bit disappointed originally, since I consider that NLTS is a far superior MCH mix...)

Ewic Cwapton-461 Ocean Blvd. SACD....(mysteriously channeling some Elmer Fudd)

----

Gentle Giant-Interview DTS 96/24....

Last edited:
Talking Heads '77 DVDA.

Nice mix, nice fidelity, nice music. It's aged very well. Enjoying this much more than the last Talking Heads 5.1 I got (speaking in tongues) as I prefer the "sound" and feel of the music. Very "Live" and organic, much more so than their later stuff.

Time for a G & T to mark the end of the week and enjoy this weeks' new surround goodies to! (y)

Depeche Mode-Violator DTS 96/24 (major chords...what's that?? ...ohhh yeah, that stuff we used in our 1st album!!!!)

More:
Sting- Ten Summoner's tales DTS-cd (OK, this MCH mix , being my fave Sting CD, has grown on me...I was a bit disappointed originally, since I consider that NLTS is a far superior MCH mix...)

Ewic Cwapton-461 Ocean Blvd. SACD....(mysteriously channeling some Elmer Fudd)

----

Gentle Giant-Interview DTS 96/24....

You Wascal..!! ;)

Now all you need is that Warner Bros sound effects DVDA and you'll be channeling all the Looney Tunes characters!

You Wascal..!! ;)

Now all you need is that Warner Bros sound effects DVDA and you'll be channeling all the Looney Tunes characters!

Welll...cozz THIZZ little black duck izz goin for a....beer? (It's Baseball season! or is it rabbit season???--.....tad-taDAHHH!!!)

(Yes, Talking Heads make way more sense in Surround....btw, ¡Salud!)

COC - Americas Volume Dealer - DVD-A (Silverline - not a surround-o-matic)
King Crimson - Live In Argentina - DVD-A (Disc 2)
Manhattan Transfer - Vibrate - SACD
Ray Thomas - From Mighty Oaks - DVD Dullby
Goldfrapp - Supernature - DVD DTS
King Crimson - Clueless & Slightly Slack (Easy Money Live - Title 3 - MLP 96/24)
Geoff Tate - DVD-A
Eric Kunzel/ Cincin Pops - 1812 Overture - SACD - had to play the cannons for my kids...

838.jpg Emerson Lake & Palmer 1971 Lucky man

PT- Stupid Dream DVD-A

(prolly more to come)

Bobby Plant-Nine lives DTS-CD 5.1 from DVD-V

Genesis-SEBTP DTS 96/24 (in spite of having the SACD...meaow ...hisss!!!!!)

Last edited:
Mark Reeder - Five Point One

a very curious 3 Disc set with a 90 Minute Dolby Digital DVD-V, with 18 Mark Reeder remixes (including Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys etc..) all in 5.1.

I can't find any discussion on here about it, or a Poll either.. do any other QQ-ers have it and if so what do you think?

Pulled out my bin of surround discs (DVD-A, DTS, AND SACDs--Sadly I had no 5.1 system for a while), and put on my Eric Kunzel/ Cinci Pops The Big Picture DTS CD. Good stuff. My 5 year old loved the surround sound jets! Next is Reanimation by Linkin Park. That'll loosen the fillings in your teeth. :)

They Only Come Out at Night - Edgar Winter SQ they also come out during the day in Chicago.
Snowhead - Eric Clapton SACD 5.1
Greatest Hits - Country Joe & the Fish Q8
Steal Your Face Right of Your Head - Grateful Dead QS CD
Switched On Bach = Wendy Carlos SQ
Lennon Legend DVD-V 5.1

Better get back to Tennessee Jed.

Beatles/Love/5.1/DVD/A; Wish You Were Here/5.1/DVD/A; The Last Waltz/5.1/DVD/A; Rough Mix/5.1/DVD/A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back