Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep Purple - Machine Head - UK SACD - Quad - RIP Jon Lord

Last edited:
Machine Head - Jon Lord & his buddies DVD-A
Puccini: Madama Butterfly - Leontyne Price Q8 (Just for you, Lizard King)
Damn the Torpedoes (deluxe) - Tom Petty Blu-Ray
Donizetti - Beverly Silverman QS (more opera for Lizard King)
Blonde on Blonde - The Zim SACD 5.1
Billy Joel UMixit
Stormbringer - Very Deep Purple CD-4
Deep Purple Live at Royal Albert Hall DVD-V

Miles Davis - Portrait of Portugal - DVD-V DTS 96/24

Geoff Tate - S/T - DVD-A - Discrete Silverline!!!!!

Ray Thomas - From Tiny Acorns - DVD-V Dullby

Moloko - Statues - SACD

Nektar - Forget the Past - SACD

Jackson Browne - Running on Empty

Randy Newman - Sail Away - QR -> DVD-A

Busy week listening (at least to parts of these)!!!

ELP - Brain Salad Surgery - DVD-A
Mr. Anderson - TAAB2 - DVD DTS
Jean Pierre Ferland - Jaune - DVD-A
Larry Chernicoff - October - SACD
Bruce Dickinson - Balls to Picasso - DVD-A Dualdisc
Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain - DVD DTS
Miles Davis - In a Slient Way - SACD
James Taylor - JT - SACD
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Boatman's Call - DVD DTS
Storm Corrosion - Blu-ray
Ray Thomas - From Mighty Oaks - DVD Dullby
America - Homecoming - DVD-A
Herb Alpert - Passion Dance - DTS CD
Eagles - Hotel California - DVD-A
Crossover Quintett - Classic Surround - DVD-A
Bartman3 - DVD-A
R.E.M. - On the Sun
Grover Washington Jr. - Winelight - DVD-A
Thomas Dolby - The Flat Earth - Blu-ray (SPEC ArcTan up-mix - by LK :phones)

HATE Summer time!!!
Have no A/C, so I use a water evaporation fan which makes a LOT of noise..so Quad listening is VERBOTTEN!!!! only for nights or mornings...when I'm still asleep......sucks!!!.....and it's REALLY HOT...102ºF anyone???

the 1962 Tefifon Schallband Spectacular stereo demo ribbon.
For those of you who never heard of a Tefifon - it's a German format popular from the late 30's to the early 60's - and is basically what you'd get if you crossed an 8-track with an LP.

I wired the one and only stereo playback model ever made up to my 9001 and cycled through the various matrices, settling on QS Hall and settled back to listen to the best budget-label stereophonic-with-ambience Schlager music this side of Frankfurt.

Yes, Nick, perhaps I've begun a thread to cover EVERYTHING. Check out post #15 on this thread to see Tefifon posts. https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-Elcaset-RCA-Cart-Playtape-Minipak&highlight= Later posts show Tefi jukeboxes. TEFI!!

the 1962 Tefifon Schallband Spectacular stereo demo ribbon.
For those of you who never heard of a Tefifon - it's a German format popular from the late 30's to the early 60's - and is basically what you'd get if you crossed an 8-track with an LP.

I wired the one and only stereo playback model ever made up to my 9001 and cycled through the various matrices, settling on QS Hall and settled back to listen to the best budget-label stereophonic-with-ambience Schlager music this side of Frankfurt.

Muddy Waters and The Rolling Stones at The Checkerboard Lounge DVDV - DTS (1.5mbps) - strangely compelling and sounding rather good in the official release of this long-bootlegged gig.

Yes, Nick.
You must be thinking of Nick Berg the heir-apparent to all formats odd and wierd. All of us guys are getting old and dying off - we have to take young kids who have - or in whom can be cultivated - an interest in strange formats - wherever we can find `em.

Later posts show Tefi jukeboxes.
We have one on the pier here in San Francisco that has a little mechanical act that goes along with it - of which the Chuck E. Cheese Show is largely reminiscent.

No, Nick I was thinking of you. Do you remember writing this?: "We now have every What Was Your First Every Possible Musical Genre on the Planet LP threads." Many of those threads ask what format and mention Tefi: "format LP/Q4/Q8/SACD/DTS/DVD-A/8 tk/Cass/4 tk (NOT Quad)/2 ch Reel/Playtape/Tefi, etc."

You must be thinking of Nick Berg...

Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain
Alice Cooper - Muscle of Love
Rolling Stones - Brussels Affair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back