Lost on Blu-ray. 5 Season Box for $108.99

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of discs and a lot of hours of programming for $109. I have never watched a single episode of this TV program but I know that a lot of people rave about it. I picked up the first 4 seasons at some point, 2 on Blu-ray and 2 on DVD and plan to start watching it soon. I do wish I had waited and gotten the first 5 on Blu-ray today. It is surprising how many of Amazon's daily deals and other short term deals are devoted to Blu-ray.

Chris

Season 1 is fantastic. Season 2 was okay and I got a bit bored with a lot of the back stories into Season 3. Seasons 4 and 5 were amazing. From what I read on Blu-ray.com they are done with a lot of care and the 5.1 is supposed to be great. Might be a smart idea to wait until this 6th and final season ends and buy the whole series at once.

Waiting for the 6-season set might work out great or it might not if it isn't priced like this at some point. I have read the Blu-ray versions are to be preferred of course but I purchased the 4 seasons I have used from someone about a year ago thinking I would watch them right away. I have too much to watch and listen to, can't even begin to make any sense of why I have so much.

Chris

I almost went for them, but I've bought way to much stuff already at this point, and we're coming down the home stretch.

This is without a doubt the absolute best show I have ever seen. Each season seems to take it to a whole new level. I do agree that season 2 lagged a bit, but it picked up near the end.

I was going to buy the BD sets a few months ago so that I could rewatch the entire series before the final season. It's definitely the kind of show where seeing it twice would help notice more details, and the kind of show where small details actually matter. I decided against this only because, I have already invested so many hours into the show, what if the ending sucks? I would be twice as pissed! If the end is as amazing as the rest, then I will rewatch the series, on blu-ray.

It's also much better to watch the show on BD/DVD cus it's so addictive. I would much prefer to wait, but I would inevitably hear spoilers, and that would be unacceptable.

I almost went for them, but I've bought way to much stuff already at this point, and we're coming down the home stretch.

Exactly the same thing with me.

VERY tempting but I have Seasons 1 through 4 and they look excellent on standard DVD so I'll hold off and hope I get Season 5 on BD for Christmas.

Season 1 is fantastic. Season 2 was okay and I got a bit bored with a lot of the back stories into Season 3.
For me, one of the most awesome (said in Sawyer's drawl) in the whole show is the first segment of S03E01, with the crash seen from the Other's perspective, and the zoom out showing Otherville and the plane's smoke.

Back