LP's & CD's You Are Waiting For (NON SURROUND ONLY)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd been trying to find a fair price on Richard and Linda Thompson vinyl, I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight. Stumbled across actual brand new sealed on Music Direct! Snap one up if you want it!! You will NOT find it cheaper, and most likely won't find a new copy.

1706528603590.png

Caught a Sale at Cherry Red - the 4CD Edgar Winter was a crazy 50% off so got it for £10.79
Cutting Crew​
Add To Favourites​
Cherry Red​
CD​
Edgar Winter​
Tell Me In A Whisper, The Solo Albums 1970 - 1981, 4CD Clamshell Boxset​
Cherry Red​
CD​
Patrick Moraz​
Patrick Moraz​
Cherry Red​
CD​
Edgar Froese​
Dalinetopia​
Cherry Red​
CD​
Global Village Trucking Company​
Smiling Revolution, 2CD Remastered Anthology​
Cherry Red​
CD​

@edisonbaggins said original 1981 pressings of Killers by Iron Maiden are super. So, since I've never owned an original copy on vinyl, I found a near mint copy on discogs. I went to Hoffman site and there is a good amount of chatter/opinions on which pressings are best. Many like the Japanese pressings, but often comment on them being brighter. That chased me away, as my current vinyl setup is plenty bright. Many liked UK, Canada pressings while others said US pressings from Winchester Virginia were as good as the UK/CAN pressings.

So, considering I don't even have a copy, I opted for the Winchester Virginia 1981 pressing. I made a fair offer and it sold within 10 minutes. :)

@edisonbaggins said original 1981 pressings of Killers by Iron Maiden are super. So, since I've never owned an original copy on vinyl, I found a near mint copy on discogs. I went to Hoffman site and there is a good amount of chatter/opinions on which pressings are best. Many like the Japanese pressings, but often comment on them being brighter. That chased me away, as my current vinyl setup is plenty bright. Many liked UK, Canada pressings while others said US pressings from Winchester Virginia were as good as the UK/CAN pressings.

So, considering I don't even have a copy, I opted for the Winchester Virginia 1981 pressing. I made a fair offer and it sold within 10 minutes. :)
Let us know what you think!
UK is generally the way to go.
With certain albums, like Powerslave, I mildly prefer the Japanese pressing, but not by much.
I have some Russian pressings, too, which used the UK stampers. Gala records. They generally sound very good. They sound "right", to these ears.

Episode #153 of Baggy helps spend GOS’s money. 😉

Back