Mark Knopfler's. Guitar Heroes. "Going Home" Charity Release Deluxe with Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been listening to this on Apple Music and it's really great. Fantastic with all those different guitar players and the Atmos mix is really good. :)

Nope. What a sham. @sjcorne should look into providing a MCH download for this.
Better yet ...remix Mark's award winning soundtrack to LOCAL HERO in ATMOS and include this amazing guitar masterpiece at the end as a BONUS

https://mofi.com/products/mark-knopfler-local-hero-soundtrack-sacd?_pos=1&_sid=fa9798c5e&_ss=r

BTW, the excellent MoFi Stereo SACD of LOCAL HERO is currently SOLD OUT .... so an opportune time for a proper re~release in, you guessed it, ATMOS!

A discussion of this release started in the SDE One Deep River thread. I didn't want to keep polluting that thread with discussion about a different release.

Here is the info/order page.
https://www.markknopflersguitarheroes.com/

So does anyone know what's really up with this? Is it vaporware? Did I miss something? Is there some unique strategy (or problem) in the works. It's a mystery to me.

It is "available" as an LP , a CD, a CD/Blu-ray Atmos deluxe set, and as a stereo digital download. The release date for all versions is this Friday, March 15. You can preorder the download and the LP. The CD and deluxe edition are listed as Out Of Stock.

As yet, I haven't heard from anyone here that they have pre ordered a copy. Is it really possible that this flew under every QQer's radar?

As far as I know, there was never an open window to make a pre order. It seems the page debuted with the CD and BRD options listed as sold out.

Is it a rollout strategy... See how the DLs and LP sales go before committing to any digital media?

Is it a pressing delay?

Should we believe the demand for this is so great that it sold out all copies of optical media during its preorder period?

If a the physical surround release isn't going to be issued, wouldn't an Atmos DL make sense?
Back in stock!!

Well, it seems this blu-ray does really exist but numbers must be very limited. There are two on ebay one at £70 with 2+ days to go and the other at £155 with 1+ day remaining. I don't see that the proceeds are going to donated to The Teenage Cancer Trust though. I am not sure as I have not looked at the ebay price tracker for a long time but this could smash the record for the price / pro rata price for a single track. I did also note a link on the same page to a seller listing the SDE Paul Young 'No Parlez' blu-ray and 2CD bundle at £120 despite it still being available directly from SDE for £42. Mind numbing!

This release is one song.
I just finished the Apple Atmos listen, very good.
My CD arrived yesterday and I read the liner notes.
This charity is one song and super good.
You don't need anyone to tell you Jeff Beck opens song. There are so many layers, I cannot pick out all of the artists, 66 in total.
The liner notes only have a handful of quotes from the 66.
There is no info of order. Ringo and Zak are said to trade back and forth on kit to make it sound like one kit.
Clapton plays electric and acoustic.
It's just really hard to identify who plays a rhythm or a guitar lick.
I'll listen again and see if I can pull out others like Brian May.
Have fun with this on Apple.

Back