Marantz, Wollensak, JVC, and Koss Quadraphonic Headphone System

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doity

400 Club - QQ All-Star
I posted this on another audio forum but there doesn't seem to be too many Quad enthusiasts over there so I will post it here also. Here is my system that I have pieced together for 4 channel listening. For now I only listen through the Koss Phase 2+2 headphones as I have yet to hookup any speakers. I have a 2 channel system upstairs that is my main system so this might stay as-is for awhile. I picked up the Marantz 4400 first and everything kind of fell into place after that. I had always been curious about Quad sound but had never took the leap before, which is unusual since I came of age in the 70's. I guess the whole quad thing just passed me by or something :)

I have pieced this together over the last 6 months or more after picking up the Marantz on craigslist and the last piece that I added was the JVC SEA-V7E EQ that I also picked up on the Craigslist for a decent price. It really adds quite a bit to the sound when used with the Marantz and I am very happy with it. The Surround Master has been very useful too. Some recordings do better with it than others. I really like how it brings out sounds that are hidden in the mix. Overall I am very happy with the system. I just need to find a good SQ Decoder now but I am in no hurry and I am sure I will find one eventually at the thrifts or a garage sale.

Luke

IMG_0401.jpg
IMG_0408.jpg

Is your Surround Master Just the Involve Model?

You know that there is SQ and a QS model

Ron

Just the basic Surround Master. I got it when they had the Indigogo or whatever it is called fundraiser. I think it was priced at half off of the usual going rate.

well the SQ mode is as good or better that a TATE Decoder
and you will not find any better with any SONY SQ decoder
they may look shiny but looks are not everything

Ron

Back