Matilde Santing's New Amsterdam SACD - any views?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Cleasby

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Only just became aware of its existence - anyone got it?

Is it properly discrete mixed MC?

The enquiry comes from the recent Todd Rundgren discussions in the DVD-A forums reminding me of her many excellent Todd (and other) interpretations.

Patrick Cleasby said:
Only just became aware of its existence - anyone got it?

Is it properly discrete mixed MC?

The enquiry comes from the recent Todd Rundgren discussions in the DVD-A forums reminding me of her many excellent Todd (and other) interpretations.

Not familiar with this one. Is this a Classical SACD Release ?

Not really - it's difficult to define her but basically she's an interpreter of other people's songs in a kind of chamber jazz setting (show tunes, Rundgren, Costello, Roddy Frame, The Finn brothers, Colin Vearncombe) before she's a songwriter. She has been produced by Hal Wilner in the past. She's Dutch, I believe this was her second album for Epic, somewhere past her tenth overall, and it appears that Sony put it out in Holland / Germany in mid 2002. It is MC, and I would imagine that the production values are as high as usual.

I think owing to the lack of a response I am going to have to buy a copy to find out what it's like!

Have you seen Eleanor McEvoy has a newie out Brian? It's MC this time - very good...

Last edited:
Back