MoFi's Ravel in Surround SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
FYI, I had a chance to listen to the new Ravel Surround SACD from Mobile Fidelity this weekend.

A very nice job was done here in taking the discrete 4 channel analog master tape from the mid 1970's and remastering it for Surround SACD. If you like classical music, this is one to check out.

For more info, check the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=17526218

I agree, thi is a very good classical SACD. Mostly ambience in the rears untill the chorus comes in, which was recorded in the back of the hall facing towards the stage. It kind of puts them in the middle of the hall though, rather disceetly in the rears.

surroundophile said:
I agree, thi is a very good classical SACD. Mostly ambience in the rears untill the chorus comes in, which was recorded in the back of the hall facing towards the stage. It kind of puts them in the middle of the hall though, rather disceetly in the rears.

When I heard the DSD master tape in June, I was told the producers were going for a "wash of sound" effect with the chorus. I think the Surround SACD achieves that effect.

And I would agree - a very good classical SACD.

bmoura said:
FYI, I had a chance to listen to the new Ravel Surround SACD from Mobile Fidelity this weekend.

A very nice job was done here in taking the discrete 4 channel analog master tape from the mid 1970's and remastering it for Surround SACD. If you like classical music, this is one to check out.

For more info, check the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=17526218

This link doesn't seem to go to a valid site. Could be they're just down. I don't know.

narcopolo said:
This link doesn't seem to go to a valid site. Could be they're just down. I don't know.

Could be. Seems to be working at the moment here.

Back