Monster Music Deluxe CD + Audio DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another suggestion for a 4.0 SACD. Since AF seems "Christmas friendly" with the release last year of New York Voices and this year's The Christmas Song (Nat Cole, stereo only), how about one of the bigger names in Christmas music that was released in Quad?
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's " The Great Messiah Choruses", MQ 32935?

edisonbaggins = ebenezer scrooge? :eek:

Uh, no. I like holidays and I "support" my family's version of them. I just don't particularly care for Christmas music, though some is ok.
I don't particularly care for Christmas, either, though I love that family gets together and expresses love. I will always be all about that.
Halloween quad albums? Bring 'em on. Thanksgiving? Hell yeah. Veteran's Day quad music? I'm all over it.

Uh, no. I like holidays and I "support" my family's version of them. I just don't particularly care for Christmas music, though some is ok.
I don't particularly care for Christmas, either, though I love that family gets together and expresses love. I will always be all about that.
Halloween quad albums? Bring 'em on. Thanksgiving? Hell yeah. Veteran's Day quad music? I'm all over it.

Uh, I was only joking you know ;) I think we're pretty much on the same page.. I used to love it when I was a kid and now I see it as for the kids, it's their time to enjoy the gifts under the tree and so on.. I dread all the commercial crap that goes with it.. I'm a Catholic so obviously there's great significance with Christ and all... but all the tinsel and turkey and other tosspottery I can do without and that includes Xmas music, most of which is not my cup of tea. Happy Tuesday to you and your kin! :D

Uh, I was only joking you know ;) Happy Tuesday to you and your kin! :D

I was not offended at all, friend! Yep, Christmas was truly magical when I was a kid. I was one greedy bastage! It also included believing what my elders told me was true without question and that has certainly changed.
But really, where is all the Hanukkah quad? Or Ramadan? Or Kwanzaa!? :confused:

But anyhow, good music is good music. I didn't hesitate when I found a dolby surround cd of Handel's Messiah. And I have favorite, cherished audio recordings, like The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and such.

I was not offended at all, friend! Yep, Christmas was truly magical when I was a kid. I was one greedy bastage! It also included believing what my elders told me was true without question and that has certainly changed.
But really, where is all the Hanukkah quad? Or Ramadan? Or Kwanzaa!? :confused:

But anyhow, good music is good music. I didn't hesitate when I found a dolby surround cd of Handel's Messiah. And I have favorite, cherished audio recordings, like The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and such.

Well, I like the Peanuts xmas music....holds a dear place in my heart...lol.

Yes!!! Now there is a title I'd love to have in the best format possible.

I actually have an SACD of said music. I purchased it because it claimed to be multi-channel...which it's not. lol. Regardless, I have it for what it's worth. I'll have to see what it sounds like...forgot I had it.

Yes!!! Now there is a title I'd love to have in the best format possible.

They did a couple of Charlie Brown's on those Monster Music Surround DVD's.. Christmas and 40 Years of iirc?

51XRHY6JQNL._SX355_.jpg

dvd_mm_charlie_brown40_lg.jpg

I actually have an SACD of said music. I purchased it because it claimed to be multi-channel...which it's not. lol. Regardless, I have it for what it's worth. I'll have to see what it sounds like...forgot I had it.

Do you mean the one on Fantasy? They labelled all their (stereo only!) stuff up as multichannel to start with, the cheeky fokkers...

Back