Monster Music Label / Ludacris Blu-Ray High Definition Surround SuperDisc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audi A3

Not that I think many at this forum buy Rap Music, but anyway......

Link

Monster® Music Label to Release Special DVD and Blu-ray™ Disc Versions of
New Ludacris Album “Theater of the Mind”

To Be Released on Monster Music® High Definition Surround (HDS) SuperDisc

Like other Monster Music releases, the label’s special “Theater of the Mind” version will be released on a Monster Music High Definition Surround (HDS) SuperDisc. The disc will include mixes by Head Monster Noel Lee, that will provide listeners with an elevated surround sound experience, designed to maximize the capabilities of 5.1 home theater systems and bring out all the excitement of great audio and great audio equipment. Noted Lee: “Everyone at Monster Music is very excited about our upcoming DVD and Blu-ray Disc™ versions of ‘Theater of the Mind.’ Part of our mission at Monster is to help consumers embrace the latest ‘higher definition’ video and music formats, and by offering this terrific new album in Blu-ray with exclusive added footage and videos, we hope to reach a whole new audience with the message that with Blu-ray video and HDS surround sound audio, brand new worlds of enjoyment are opened up for both music and video.”

Monster Music DVD and Blu-Ray Disc Version of “Theater of the Mind”

Both the Monster Music DVD and Blu-ray Disc versions of “Theater of the Mind” will feature music-only CD versions of the new Ludacris album, a value-added extra for fans that allows them to load the album onto their computer or portable music player. The Monster releases will also feature a wide variety of exclusive video content, including both music videos and behind-the-scenes footage. In addition to the elevated audio quality made possible by Monster HDS, the Monster Music releases of “Theater of the Mind” will feature video content in 1080p Full HD resolution for the finest high-definition video performance.

I might be one of the few here who actually own Ludacris' Chicken'n'Beer SACD and give it occasional spin. Funnily enough, I was just browsing this forum to refresh my memory about this release and bam, it turns out there's gonna be a Blu-Ray version, too! Correct me if I'm wrong, but ain't this gonna be the first studio album released in this format? Sign O' The Times?

Unless I just missed it, do they intend on only putting regular DTS on the Blu-ray version? It seems all they mention is the HDS surround track, which is DTS, right? Or maybe they figure they can call 'DTS-HD MA' an HDS surround track, too, since DTS-HD MA is backward compatible with core DTS? It would seem like such a waste of disc space to have a Blu-ray and not include lossless audio.

Just curious.

BTW, I'm absolutely shocked that the Monster Music label is even still putting out any new titles! Wish it were something other than Ludicrous, though. Isn't he the one who sings "Moooove Bitch... Out of the way. Out of the way"??? Got it on my iPod, then. :eek: But still....

Unless I just missed it, do they intend on only putting regular DTS on the Blu-ray version? It seems all they mention is the HDS surround track, which is DTS, right? Or maybe they figure they can call 'DTS-HD MA' an HDS surround track, too, since DTS-HD MA is backward compatible with core DTS? It would seem like such a waste of disc space to have a Blu-ray and not include lossless audio.

Agreed.

The Ludacris SACD was also one of the few (if only) Surround Sound SACDs issued with a parental lyric warning as well ! :)

Have no interest in Rap or Ludacris, but I am very surprised and happy MonsterMusic is putting out a new title (with Blu-Ray no less!)! That is actually quite exciting, and I hope it leads to other new titles, preferably non-rap! ;)

Thanks for the heads-up!
Josh :)

Have no interest in Rap or Ludacris, but I am very surprised and happy MonsterMusic is putting out a new title (with Blu-Ray no less!)! That is actually quite exciting, and I hope it leads to other new titles, preferably non-rap! ;)

Thanks for the heads-up!
Josh :)

It is surprising since Monster had previously talked about disappointing sales of their prior DTS series.

I have his Chicken-N-Beer SACD and it's pretty good. A 7.1 high-resolution audio Blu-Ray would be amazing. (y) I don't even think there are any out there yet.. could be wrong. And rap? Unexpected to say the least.

I have his Chicken-N-Beer SACD and it's pretty good. A 7.1 high-resolution audio Blu-Ray would be amazing. (y) I don't even think there are any out there yet.. could be wrong. And rap? Unexpected to say the least.

I am not aware of any rap albums available on Blu-ray yet but there are maybe a couple dozen classical releases on Blu-ray in addition to the several dozen concert discs. I have a few popular music concerts and a few classical releases on Blu-ray using DTS-HD MA 7.1. The Ole Bull Violin Concertos 7.1 release discussed here is one. AIX should have a couple albums released on Blu-ray.

Chris

Back