More Tull in 5.1 coming in 2013?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter Mew is retired. Benefit had SW's mixes transfered flat (without mastering), it would be the same for A Passion Play.

Peter Mew is retired. Benefit had SW's mixes transfered flat (without mastering), it would be the same for A Passion Play.

OK, in the case of Benefit I think mastering could of helped bring out the bass. It does sound flat and 'clinical'. Can you remember who did Storm Corrosion Blu Ray? Now that is fantastic mastering! Wonderful.

OK, in the case of Benefit I think mastering could of helped bring out the bass. It does sound flat and 'clinical'. Can you remember who did Storm Corrosion Blu Ray? Now that is fantastic mastering! Wonderful.

I think it's a flat transfer (so no mastering)

Beware of this Blu-Ray though! According to the Blu-Ray picture on SpinCDs website, it looks like this is one of those SD Blu-Rays from EagleRock, meaning the picture will not be HD...

Good catch, the product details state:

Format: Music SD Blu-ray

Cat No: ERSBD3013

Barcode: 5051300301378

Dealer Price: £9.40 (RRP: £16.99)

BR Format: Region Free

Screen Format: 16:9

Sound Formats: DTS-HD Master Audio, LPCM Stereo Running Time: 144 mins approx.

Beware of this Blu-Ray though! According to the Blu-Ray picture on SpinCDs website, it looks like this is one of those SD Blu-Rays from EagleRock, meaning the picture will not be HD...

I don't mind. I only buy Blu Rays because of the audio. Hope this one has a nice mix.

Anyone heard if War Child (around in quad on CD4) will be 5.1'ed? Having listened to "Skating Away..." on the 5.1 Chateau D'Herouville disc that comes with APP... lovely.

I'm sure it will get the 5.1 treatment as long as there is interest

I have the quad version on DVD

Anyone heard if War Child (around in quad on CD4) will be 5.1'ed? Having listened to "Skating Away..." on the 5.1 Chateau D'Herouville disc that comes with APP... lovely.

Good news on this, I was just listening to a new interview where Ian Anderson mentioned that Steven Wilson was just starting on the War Child remix!
A Passion Play

Last edited:
Back