More Tull in 5.1 coming in 2013?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Following Neil Wilkes comment about the best way to help SW continue to do 5.1 remixes, it doesn't appear on Steve Wilson's Headphonedust site, but then none of the Jethro Tull does. Is SW only offering Panegyric releases?

£17 for 2CD & 2DVD ! Not sure if this is the box set or maybe the standard edition. Hopefully amazon uk will tell us soon.

I did the pre-order - seems like a decent price and with the price guaranteed and easy cancellation should I choose it seems like a no-brainer.

This is really like getting two releases! That the second one (Chateau et al) is mixed in surround is astounding. The cooperation between SW and the artists continue to amaze and push our music passion further into the visible range of consumers. The Steve Howe interview adds fuel to this. ;)

Tapatalk

Passion_playboxset_zpsb8d8f2a3.jpg

Here's the set artwork. Looks fantastic! It will sit very nicely next to my "Thick as a Brick" set. :)

Love it can't stand the wait! I have never understood the consternation by many concerning "A Passion Play" I know tastes differ and many hate the whole "Hare Who Lost His Spectacles" intermission thingy and find it too dark and dire (which I love because it makes it so much different than TaaB which is one of my all time favorite albums, hell in my top 10 all Tull albums share 3 spots Taab, Passion, Stand Up/Benefit with all the rest even "A" which took me about 30 years before I got around to hearing it LOL). I think "Passion" is every bit as good as "TaaB" and even more musically challenging. I have felt this since the very first time I played it without ever hearing one note from it before my first needle drop, same as Taab pure musical magic. And now in 5.1 get out of here!

Let's hope Peter Mew AKA the Mewtilator did not master this set! Why oh why does Steve let crappy mastering engineers touch his great work?

I don't know how much say SW would have over the mastering of his mixes, especially where EMI artists/albums involved Peter Mew who was their main man @Abbey Road with regards to Surround & back catalogue stuff (I thought he'd retired actually but..).

I don't know how much say SW would have over the mastering of his mixes, especially where EMI artists/albums involved Peter Mew who was their main man @Abbey Road with regards to Surround & back catalogue stuff (I thought he'd retired actually but..).

The mastering is a process not to be underestimated with regards to sound; it can make or break an album IMO. I have heard several people complain about AQUALUNG for instance. SW must know this and care about the process.
For instance; have you heard Alice in Chains SACD? I love the mixes; nice placement of instruments but the mastering completely ruins it, so bad to the point it is not enjoyable.

Back