Mr. Big's self-titled debut album to be released as multichannel SACD from Evosound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really... The Amazon UK pre-order link worked fine for me using Google Chrome. Roll on Friday 21 April...
Unfortunately for me its nothing to do with the web page or browser, its internal to amazon.co.uk (and only amazon UK!) where they won't let me pre-order, I've spoken to 3 different call handlers and its beyond them, they pass on the issue and nothing happens.

LOL.... I guess I can't complain. The last Mr. Big sacd "Lean Into It" is still in the "waiting to be listened to" pile. A little embarrassing but not unusual for me. I still haven't gotten around to listening to The Rolling Stones "Goats Head Soup" BR yet either. There are more...

LOL.... I guess I can't complain. The last Mr. Big sacd "Lean Into It" is still in the "waiting to be listened to" pile. A little embarrassing but not unusual for me. I still haven't gotten around to listening to The Rolling Stones "Goats Head Soup" BR yet either. There are more...
I bet a “What I own and still haven’t fully listened to yet” thread would be interesting if not slightly embarrassing for most of us.

I’ve got discs from all the King Crimson box sets that haven’t been listened to yet. I guess there’s a part of me that dreams of getting to that point in life where all I need to do is roll out of bed and listen to music non-stop all day. But my wife has assured me that day isn’t coming any time soon.

I thought this was a great debut and will pop it in as soon as it arrives, and I’ll probably buy the digital version from IAA this weekend, too.

Latest update from Amazon... I can expect the SACD sometime between May 18 and June 24.

Thankfully I have the IAA version to enjoy while I wait.

Last edited:
Still waiting on a shipping notice from Evo88.com, but, yes: IAA to the rescue!
No email notice. Got an attempted delivery slip at my door on Tuesday, with a tracking number for which I could find no info. I figured it could be this or Marillion's Seasons End. Was finally able to get to the post office today and it was, indeed, my order from Evo88.com. Odd packaging: an unpadded manila envelope, folded over and taped together, with the discs wrapped in bubble wrap inside. Worked, though! No damage. YMMV.

Audio cuts out on the new Mr. Big SACD. :(

I listened to the SACD for the first time today, and had audio cut-out on the 5.1 & stereo. I had my Oppo doing DSD to PCM conversion, so I switched to let the amp (Pioneer SC-LX93) do the conversion, either way I had audio cut-outs, mainly on tracks in the 2nd 'side' of the album. This usually indicates that the SACD has been authored 'hot' (so either at or just above the DSD stability limit), so the conversion algorithm cuts the audio to stop the speakers from being blown.

There are no visible defects on the disc and I did clean it as well just in case that was the cause.

Anybody else had this occur?

I listened to the SACD for the first time today, and had audio cut-out on the 5.1 & stereo. I had my Oppo doing DSD to PCM conversion, so I switched to let the amp (Pioneer SC-LX93) do the conversion, either way I had audio cut-outs, mainly on tracks in the 2nd 'side' of the album. This usually indicates that the SACD has been authored 'hot' (so either at or just above the DSD stability limit), so the conversion algorithm cuts the audio to stop the speakers from being blown.

There are no visible defects on the disc and I did clean it as well just in case that was the cause.

I don't remember having any of the issues you have Duncan.
I'll play it tomorrow and report back.

Wow, I guess I need to put this at the top of the pile and finally listen to it.

I've just finished listening to the complete album, Duncan.
All good here.
I wonder what's causing your problem?
During the start of track 4 the music goes quiet from the 27 second mark to the 32 second one but that is, I believe, deliberate.

I've just finished listening to the complete album, Duncan.
All good here.
I wonder what's causing your problem?
During the start of track 4 the music goes quiet from the 27 second mark to the 32 second one but that is, I believe, deliberate.

Back