multi-channel interconnects

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always used gold plated Radio Shack cables, and had em last for years, no noise at all. I understand that the gold plating is just to make them look cool, no actual scientific improvement. :smokin

sspsandy said:
I understand that the gold plating is just to make them look cool, no actual scientific improvement. :smokin

Gold plating might not do anything significant when the cables are brand new. However, gold won't oxidize and corrode like copper will so it should keep that like-new connection over the months and years.

(At least that's what I told people 20 years ago when I was selling stuff at an electronics store.)

mrtanner said:
Gold plating might not do anything significant when the cables are brand new. However, gold won't oxidize and corrode like copper will so it should keep that like-new connection over the months and years.

(At least that's what I told people 20 years ago when I was selling stuff at an electronics store.)

Isn't it nice to know that scientific facts of twenty years ago... remain scientific facts ( :D ). It's usually worth giving them a clean with isopropyl alcohol every six months or so though -gold may not corrode, but it still can get plastered with dust etc. It won't really do anything to the sound -either you have an electrical contact or you don't, but it does ensure you're more likely to remain in the former camp for a while! :banana:

Back