Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, well that is bad news

I just checked exactly what Kodi does and MMH cues are wrong. I’ll fix that today.

I compared a MMH created cue to the imported Kodi db value. @Eclectic is correct. Kodi allows the ‘frame’ field > 1 second (it shouldn’t). MMH creates values as milliseconds which means MMH cue file start values imported into Kodi will be wrong.

I will do two things in an update today:
Change MMH to create all its cues using frames (not milliseconds). Those will be imported correctly.
I will add a new batch tool to recursively find all cue files in sub-folders and update those cue files with 3 digit ‘frames’ to 2 digits by converting milliseconds to frames. This will only change times with 3 digit ‘frames’ so any cues created with other tools or manually edited will not be updated.

Thanks again @Eclectic This will solve some ongoing issues with cues I’ve been looking at for a while but I never could replicate. Now it’s obvious why the issue ‘varies’ for different releases.

I’m surprised Kodi doesn’t flag cues with frames > 75. In my test case with 360ms Kodi adds that as 4.800 seconds!!! (360 / 75 = 4.8)

I've fixed the code, now looking at an auto fix. The problem is there are 3 tools that can create a CUE file from chaptered MKV, MKA and MP4 files and only one* created 3 digit frames/millisecs so its impossible for me to auto fix all cues. (* The 3 digit 'frame' was created by 'Chapter Editor').

I'll take a closer look now but its probable users will need to open each MKV, MKA or MP4 file with MMH's Chapter Editor and the use 'Save CUE' to recreate each correct CUE file.

I'll how easy it is to mod the Batch Creation tool to find and recreate every CUE. In the mean time I'll upload the fixed MMH shortly.

Last edited:
In the unlikely event that anyone else can make use of them , here are emacs (Lisp) functions to automatically fix cue files with milliseconds (3 digits) or microseconds (6 digits). Yes, I know, code duplication is always wrong, but these macros are truly throwaways. (Invoking the function once from the top of the file will fix the entire file.)

;; Convert times in a cue sheet from milliseconds to frames
(defun convert-cue-sheet-millisecs-to-frames ()
"Translate mm:ss:mmm times to mm:ss:ff times .cue files"
(interactive)
(replace-regexp "\\([0-9]+\\):\\([0-9]+\\):\\([0-9]+\\)"
'(replace-eval-replacement
concat "\\1:\\2:"
(replace-quote (format "%02d" (round (/ (* (read (match-string 3)) 75) 1000)))))
nil nil nil nil nil)
)
(global-set-key "\C-c\C-f" 'convert-cue-sheet-millisecs-to-frames)

;; Convert times in a cue sheet from microseconds to frames
(defun convert-cue-sheet-microsecs-to-frames ()
"Translate mm:ss:mmm times to mm:ss:ff times .cue files"
(interactive)
(replace-regexp "\\([0-9]+\\):\\([0-9]+\\):\\([0-9]+\\)"
'(replace-eval-replacement
concat "\\1:\\2:"
(replace-quote (format "%02d" (round (/ (* (read (match-string 3)) 75) 1000000)))))
nil nil nil nil nil)

Music Media Helper 7.1.18 released

Version 7.1.18 (March 22 2024)
-------------
Fixes:
IMPORTANT: All previous MMH CUE files created from a single MKV, MKA or MP4 file with chapters have incorrect start times* - fixed
This error affects tools:
- Chapter Editor tool: Saving a CUE file: track start time incorrectly formatted leading to incorrect start times - fixed @albertop @Stupy @Sylfest
- Video Batch Creation tool: Creation of CUE files (only for Chaptered MKV/MKA and MPA files)

NOTE: Users should recreate all CUE files created with above tools from MKV, MKA or MP4 files with chapters (MMH wrongly used milliseconds not frames). The start error varies but can be over 10 seconds in extreme circumstances.

Changes:
Video Batch Creation tool: Creation of CUE files, add new option 'Only Process Multi-Chaptered Media files* - new
* Use this to batch tool to auto recreate all CUE files from selected Parent folder (recursive for all sub-folders) - only creates a CUE if there is a single MKV, MKA or MP4 file with multiple chapters in each sub-folder. Old cue is renamed with '_bak' suffix. The option lists all CUE files created.

1711085332436.png

Direct link to installer:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/MMHInstaller.msi

Last edited:
I'm gonna try this out later on during the weekend.

Kodi users will need to go to their root Source folder or to each ‘album’ or concert folder and right/long click and ‘rescan’ to force Kodi to re-read the cue files with updated times.

-------------
Fixes:
IMPORTANT: All previous MMH CUE files created from a single MKV, MKA or MP4 file with chapters have incorrect start times* - fixed
- Chapter Editor tool: Saving a CUE file: track start time incorrectly formatted leading to incorrect start times - fixed @albertop @Stupy @Sylfest
- Video Batch Creation tool: Creation of CUE files (only for Chaptered MKV/MKA and MPA files)

NOTE: Users should recreate all CUE files created with above tools from MKV, MKA or MP4 files with chapters (MMH wrongly used milliseconds not frames). The start error varies but can be over 10 seconds in extreme circumstances.

Changes:
Video Batch Creation tool: Creation of CUE files, add new option 'Only Process Multi-Chaptered Media files* - new
* Use this to batch tool to auto recreate all CUE files from selected Parent folder (recursive for all sub-folders) - only creates a CUE if there is a single MKV, MKA or MP4 file with multiple chapters in each sub-folder. Old cue is renamed with '_bak' suffix. The option lists all CUE files created.

View attachment 103699

Thanks Garry, that's great news!

-------------
Fixes:

Changes:

View attachment 103699

This is superhero stuff and non-trivial . . . thank you @HomerJAU for your incredible talent, dedication and care. 👍

Music Media Helper 7.1.19 released - some more fixes related to CUE file times in playlists

Version 7.1.19 (March 24 2024)
-------------
Fixes:
Playlist tool: Writing tracks from selected CUE files does not write start and end times - fixed
Playlist tool: Reading CUE files: Times displayed incorrectly (frames conversion to milliseconds wrong) - fixed
Video Batch Creation tool: Creation of Playlists from Cue files creates incorrect start times - fixed

Music Media Helper 7.1.20 released - A new method to fix old MMH cues for chaptered files. Please read: @Albert Dagger @Sylfest

I used MMH today to fix my old CUEs and realised that Kodi requires media files (mkv and mka) to have no chapters when using a CUE so my previous method of recreating cues does not work as there are no chapters in the files!!

So 7.1.20 has a modified 'Video Batch Creation tool: Cue Creation' that auto fixes cues it finds with 3 digit 'frames' by converting milliseconds (stored in the frame field) to frames and re-writing the cue. NOTE: You must use the new option 'Only Process Multi-Chaptered Media files' for the 'cue fix' code to run. If no start time in a cue file has 3 digit 'frames' then nothing is updated/saved.

Version 7.1.20 (March 24 2024)
-------------
Changes:
Video Batch Creation tool: Now fixes existing CUEs with 3 digit 'frames' by converting to frames - new
Video Batch Creation tool: Cue Creation now works for mka files - new (previously 'Video batch' ignore audio files - I added mka to help me fix my Atmos mka cues created by MMH

* Users now use 'Video Batch' tool to fix mka cue files created with MMH (where MMH wrongly used milliseconds not frames)

Last edited:
Music Media Helper 7.1.20 released - A new method to fix old MMH cues for chaptered files. Please read: @Albert Dagger @Sylfest

I used MMH today to fix my old CUEs and realised that Kodi requires media files (mkv and mka) to have no chapters when using a CUE so my previous method of recreating cues does not work as there are no chapters in the files!!

So 7.1.20 has a modified 'Video Batch Creation tool: Cue Creation' that auto fixes cues it finds with 3 digit 'frames' by converting milliseconds (stored in the frame field) to frames and re-writing the cue. NOTE: You must use the new option 'Only Process Multi-Chaptered Media files' for the 'cue fix' code to run. If no start time in a cue file has 3 digit 'frames' then nothing is updated/saved.

Version 7.1.20 (March 24 2024)
-------------
Changes:
Video Batch Creation tool: Now fixes existing CUEs with 3 digit 'frames' by converting to frames - new
Video Batch Creation tool: Cue Creation now works for mka files - new (previously 'Video batch' ignore audio files - I added mka to help me fix my Atmos mka cues created by MMH

* Users now use 'Video Batch' tool to fix mka cue files created with MMH (where MMH wrongly used milliseconds not frames)
That's great, Garry.
I had in fact created MKA files with no chapters and then deleted the original MKV with chapters... so for me it was a bit of manual fixing.
I saved the original cue sheets as a backup, so I can now convert those.

Hi everyone I have been using MMH with DEE to take my Blu-Ray with TrueHD Atmos tracks and convert them to DDP Atmos tracks. I appreciate the tool and love it but was wondering if it is possible to convert DTS:X audio tracks found on Blu-Ray to DDP Atmos tracks?

Using Atmos Helper on MMH only goes to max 20% CPU in task manager when creating atmos files and using DEE. Is it possible to increase CPU usage and accelerate encoding time?

I’m unaware of any software DTS:X decoders, without decoding we can’t reencode.

The only way to speed encodes is to use multiple threads (multiple decodes in parallel). There is no way I speed a single file decode.

I’m unaware of any software DTS:X decoders, without decoding we can’t reencode.

The only way to speed encodes is to use multiple threads (multiple decodes in parallel). There is no way I speed a single file decode.
have u heard of dts sound unbound mate? it seems like the use of DRP, work for win

From the DTS site:
DTS:X is the latest and best audio decoder from DTS, connecting the listener to a world of content and enabling a fully immersive, object-based audio experience for DTS-encoded content stored locally or streamed to a device. Can be purchased separately or bundled as part of the DTS Headphone:X in-app purchase. Visit our website for more information: https://dts.com/dtsx

Please note that at this time our focus for DTS encoded content is for headphones and multi-channel speakers that are directly connected to the sound card on the PC. HDMI and home theater uses are on our roadmap where we are actively working with Microsoft to bring this feature to our DTS community.

I have it on my pc but never used it I know of. Shows up in the Windows Sound applet.

Reactions: mkt
Does the recent discovery about cue file times have any effect on those of us who do not create and use cue files but do use MMH to split MKV files into chapters?

Does the recent discovery about cue file times have any effect on those of us who do not create and use cue files but do use MMH to split MKV files into chapters?

No.

The recent MMH CUE fixes only updates the way MMH reads and writes CUE files for chaptered files MKV, mka and mp4). CUE files created for multiple individual MKV, mka and mp4 are not affected as each files start time is always 00:00:00.

have u heard of dts sound unbound mate? it seems like the use of DRP, work for win

It looks like this does not output 12 channels to a wav file. (Correct me if I’m wrong). I have not tried it but I assume it’s just decoding and outputs ti the PCs configured sound device. MMH needs multichannel wav files to encode to Atmos.

Back