Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Music Media Helper 7.1.16 released:

Version 7.1.16 (March 19 2024)
-------------
Fixes:
Chapter Editor tool: When saving a CUE file, track start time incorrectly formatted* - fixed
* regression caused by change in 7.1.14

Changes:
Updated MKVToolnix to 83.0
Updated 3rd party UI controls to latest 23.1.9

Direct link to installer:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/MMHInstaller.msi

Hi Garry !
Thanks for the update, unfortunatly the exported CUE wont work with Kodi, when scaning library. Kodi simply ignores the file.
Example CUE
I experimented with the CUE file manually and I got it working with a few changes
Example with working CUE

from export:
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Introduction"
PERFORMER "Jon Stewart"
INDEX 01 00:00.000
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Adam Raised a Cain"
PERFORMER "Alabama Shakes"
INDEX 01 05:13.746000

I edited to:
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Introduction"
PERFORMER "Jon Stewart"
INDEX 01 00:00:000
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Adam Raised a Cain"
PERFORMER "Alabama Shakes"
INDEX 01 05:13:746

So if the timestamp is 05:13.746000 kodi won't scan to library
If it is 05:13:746000 it scans to library but the times get wrong.
If it is 05:13:746 It gets added to library correct.

Sorry for my wierd explanation, I hope you get what I mean.

unfortunatly the exported CUE wont work with Kodi, when scaning library. Kodi simply ignores the file.

Thanks for the details. I can see my error in yesterday’s fix. BTW what version of Kodi are you using?

I’ll upload another fix today.

Reactions: GOS
I still see the trivial issue (on windows) when doing the update, that it doesn't update the red text as the download progresses, so you have no indication that the update is occuring until a few seconds later when the dialog appears telling you the download has finished and asking "do you want to update".. Unfortunately (for me at least) this dialog never appears as the top window if you have other stuff open, so sometimes its hidden and has to be spotted on the taskbar...

Just fyi :) thanks!

BTW what version of Kodi are you using?
Win 11 machine, I mainly use for ripping and tagging and such. I had Kodi 20.1 installed, on this PC it's only for testing. Then I tried the latest pre release, Kodi 21 Release candidate 2. Didn't try that much with the pre release. But I think it was the same result.

update from 16 to 17 still didn't show any download progress for me I'm afraid.. The dialog appeared with it still just saying update available as shown here :

1710945681469.png

I used the link provided in the post. Works great for me.

Now the Chapter Editor and .CUE export work as expected. Perfect! :)
This format is exported from Chapter Editor:
INDEX 01 02:43:796
This is what Kodi seems to work with.
tested on.
Kodi 21.0-RC2 on Windows 11

Edit:
Gotta love the fact the Chapter Editor reads the old concert.NFO and put the year and genre in the box for .CUE export !

THX
\ Robert

Last edited:

Technically, this is still out of spec with regards to the time code... There should be two digits per value (ie: xx:xx:xx)...

Technically, this is still out of spec with regards to the time code... There should be two digits per value (ie: xx:xx:xx)...

For audio files the last section is ‘frames’ but for video files (MKV) audio frames makes no sense so Kodi uses milliseconds, although it stores microseconds in its database.

Whoever wrote the Kodi cue code thought that was a good idea (to only support microseconds in the cue file) but technically is not accurate enough to store video frame times correctly…

I believe the number that Kodi expects when parsing cue files is "frames," i.e., 75ths of a second. I dug into the Kodi source code in GitHub to determine this. (Incidentally, Kodi does not "fail fast": when confronted with microseconds; it behaves very badly.) I wrote an emacs macro to convert the microseconds in the cue files that MMH was outputting to "frames" (i.e., I multiplied the number that MMH put after the second colon by 75, divided by a million, and rounded to an integer). The resulting cue files worked perfectly.

This is what Kodi seems to work with.
tested on.
Kodi 21.0-RC2 on Windows 11

Edit:
Gotta love the fact the Chapter Editor reads the old concert.NFO and put the year and genre in the box for .CUE export !

THX
\ Robert
Per my previous note on this thread, the number after the second colon should be between 0 and 74. The 796 that you have in your example would be interpreted by kodi as 796/75 ≈ 10.6 seconds.

I believe the number that Kodi expects when parsing cue files is "frames," i.e., 75ths of a second. I dug into the Kodi source code in GitHub to determine this. (Incidentally, Kodi does not "fail fast": when confronted with microseconds; it behaves very badly.) I wrote an emacs macro to convert the microseconds in the cue files that MMH was outputting to "frames" (i.e., I multiplied the number that MMH put after the second colon by 75, divided by a million, and rounded to an integer). The resulting cue files worked perfectly.

Thanks for your post!

I’ll have a play over the weekend and change MMH to use frames if all looks good. Sounds like Kodi is expecting frames in the cue from your post. I presumed it wants milliseconds based on looking at the database entries but maybe they were calculated based on cue times not exact copies. I never looked that in detail.

Per my previous note on this thread, the number after the second colon should be between 0 and 74. The 796 that you have in your example would be interpreted by kodi as 796/75 ≈ 10.6 seconds
Ok, well that is bad news. I'm going to listen to some files and change songs/chapters over the weekend. I just tagged some files earlier this week.

Back