My new Surround Master V3

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh. Its a misery and when you get it going you find its very touchy on board layout and tollerances
I’m glad I don’t have the responsibility to make it work, then.

When I was working for others, I occasionally started with what I thought was a decent design, then added so many band-aids that I ended up with a full-body cast for sale. 🤬

One of my sayings in those days was that the only thing I ever designed and built that worked right the first time was an extension cord.

A quad to HDMI encoder. I did a bit of research a couple of years back and found A-D chips that output IIC and an HDMI chip that took that input, so it’s doable, but I still have so many projects in my house that I tell people I live in the projects.
In Baltimore there’s a joke about a tourist looking for the (Edgar Allen) Poe House. The Poe House is, in fact, located right next to a low income housing project. You can fill in the rest.

If you invest in all of your projects, you too may end up in the Poe House.

IIRC, display port has no audio, and Chucky and I are both interested in getting MCH audio into an HDMI switch.

In my most recent employment (over 8 years ago), my crew was maintaining about 100 teleconferencing systems for a government agency. Display port, HDMI, and a couple of other connectors were constant headaches.

In Baltimore there’s a joke about a tourist looking for the (Edgar Allen) Poe House. The Poe House is, in fact, located right next to a low income housing project. You can fill in the rest.

If you invest in all of your projects, you too may end up in the Poe House.
Actually, I’ve visited that house. We lived near Washington, DC, so it wasn’t far, but a big disappointment.

And puns are always welcome!

IIRC, display port has no audio, and Chucky and I are both interested in getting MCH audio into an HDMI switch.

In my most recent employment (over 8 years ago), my crew was maintaining about 100 teleconferencing systems for a government agency. Display port, HDMI, and a couple of other connectors were constant headaches.
It does, my 2x 4k PC Monitors output audio using DP (though I only have/use stereo on the PC audio), from FAQ - DisplayPort
1676665616654.png

Do we still need chucky here at this forum to answer questions on his wonderful Surround Master? Here's what ChatGPT's AI has to say in answer to my question:

How does Involve Audio's Surround Master v3 compare to prior components which synthesixe quadraphonic from stereo audio?

Involve Audio's Surround Master v3 is a modern surround sound processor that is designed to enhance the stereo audio signals and create a surround sound experience for the listener. It uses advanced digital signal processing algorithms to analyze the stereo audio signals and extract the necessary information to create a convincing surround sound field.
In comparison to prior components that synthesize quadraphonic from stereo audio, the Surround Master v3 offers several advantages. Firstly, it uses advanced algorithms and processing techniques that provide a more accurate and natural surround sound experience. Unlike some earlier systems, the Surround Master v3 does not rely on phase manipulation to create the surround sound field, which can result in unnatural-sounding artifacts.
Additionally, the Surround Master v3 provides a more flexible and customizable solution than prior components. It offers a range of controls and settings that allow users to tailor the surround sound experience to their preferences and the characteristics of their listening environment. This level of customization was not possible with many earlier systems, which had a more fixed configuration.
Finally, the Surround Master v3 is designed with modern connectivity in mind. It supports a range of input and output formats, including HDMI and USB, which means that it can be easily integrated into modern home theater setups. This is in contrast to many earlier systems, which may have been limited to specific input and output formats.
Overall, the Surround Master v3 represents a significant improvement over earlier components that synthesized quadraphonic from stereo audio. It offers a more natural, flexible, and customizable surround sound experience, and is designed to work with modern audio equipment and formats.

Do we still need chucky here at this forum to answer questions on his wonderful Surround Master? Here's what ChatGPT's AI has to say in answer to my question:

How does Involve Audio's Surround Master v3 compare to prior components which synthesixe quadraphonic from stereo audio?

Involve Audio's Surround Master v3 is a modern surround sound processor that is designed to enhance the stereo audio signals and create a surround sound experience for the listener. It uses advanced digital signal processing algorithms to analyze the stereo audio signals and extract the necessary information to create a convincing surround sound field.
In comparison to prior components that synthesize quadraphonic from stereo audio, the Surround Master v3 offers several advantages. Firstly, it uses advanced algorithms and processing techniques that provide a more accurate and natural surround sound experience. Unlike some earlier systems, the Surround Master v3 does not rely on phase manipulation to create the surround sound field, which can result in unnatural-sounding artifacts.
Additionally, the Surround Master v3 provides a more flexible and customizable solution than prior components. It offers a range of controls and settings that allow users to tailor the surround sound experience to their preferences and the characteristics of their listening environment. This level of customization was not possible with many earlier systems, which had a more fixed configuration.
Finally, the Surround Master v3 is designed with modern connectivity in mind. It supports a range of input and output formats, including HDMI and USB, which means that it can be easily integrated into modern home theater setups. This is in contrast to many earlier systems, which may have been limited to specific input and output formats.
Overall, the Surround Master v3 represents a significant improvement over earlier components that synthesized quadraphonic from stereo audio. It offers a more natural, flexible, and customizable surround sound experience, and is designed to work with modern audio equipment and formats.
Oh Damn, I am out of a job - Its even a better liar than me! Apparently the SM3 does HDMI and has USB

It should have gone deeper into the Involve rabbit hole- “clever encode Tri-band”
silly ignorant AI 🐇

Oh Damn, I am out of a job - Its even a better liar than me! Apparently the SM3 does HDMI and has USB
Now if Chucky and Dave could just get ChatGPT to SOURCE PARTS, PRODUCE, TAKE ORDERS, SHIP and PROVIDE CUSTOMER SUPPORT…

Dave: “I have some cool potential upgrades for the SM3.”

ChatGPT: “I’m sorry Dave, but I can’t let you do that. It would jeopardize the mission.”

I brought the AI's incorrect info to its attention. I got a response "I apologize for the error in my previous response. After conducting further research, I can confirm that the Surround Master v3 by Involve Audio does not have USB or HDMI inputs or outputs. It primarily relies on analog RCA inputs and outputs, as well as an optical input. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I apologize for any confusion or misinformation I may have caused." HA!

I'm not gonna ask it for its "opinion" on using a linear power supply with anything. I don't think I could handle its politeness

I brought the AI's incorrect info to its attention. I got a response "I apologize for the error in my previous response. After conducting further research, I can confirm that the Surround Master v3 by Involve Audio does not have USB or HDMI inputs or outputs. It primarily relies on analog RCA inputs and outputs, as well as an optical input. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I apologize for any confusion or misinformation I may have caused." HA!

I'm not gonna ask it for its "opinion" on using a linear power supply with anything. I don't think I could handle its politeness
At least I am not polite (its a Dutch thing)!

So they spent millions developing an AI Chatbot and the first thing it does is go over to the darkside and become a marketing dude! :LOL:

"ChatGPT" doesn't roll off the tongue like "HAL" does.
On the other hand, ChatGPT has yet to lock me out and claim that "I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do."

(Coincidentally, I finally got around to watching the 4k disc on Wednesday. Still my favorite movie of all time.)

Back