NETFLIX for the win!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I've seriously used Netflix in years...their content offerings, at least to me, are no longer worth the financial investment. I'd rather be renting out new movies every month or buy the movies I like re-watching.

Their current audio and video quality is certainly disappointing compared to disc...but hey, it's a bunch of content for a low price at the touch of your fingers. Why care about quality when there's CONVENIENCE?

Also Netflix unnecessarily killed their Blu-ray renting service just recently so I may be SLIGHTLY biased.

Also Netflix unnecessarily killed their Blu-ray renting service just recently so I may be SLIGHTLY biased.
I'm furious about it. Even moreso since they dangled that "We might send you up to 10 extra discs that you can keep!" manure before sending this 20+ year customer...nothing.

I'm furious about it. Even moreso since they dangled that "We might send you up to 10 extra discs that you can keep!" manure before sending this 20+ year customer...nothing.
I have to agree. Been renting discs from Netflix since 2005 (over 3,500!), and nothing extra from Netflix. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of older movies that are no longer available...anywhere. I did switch to 3D BluRay Rental as an option for newer Blu-ray discs, and they rent 3D and 4K as well, but am enraged at Netflix's discontinuation of their disc rental service.

I have to agree. Been renting discs from Netflix since 2005 (over 3,500!), and nothing extra from Netflix. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of older movies that are no longer available...anywhere. I did switch to 3D BluRay Rental as an option for newer Blu-ray discs, and they rent 3D and 4K as well, but am enraged at Netflix's discontinuation of their disc rental service.
I suppose this hurts those of us into quad more than "normal" people simply because we already know what it's like to lose access to historical material, or at least lose the ability to play it back properly.

What makes it even more unforgivable to me is Netflix's insistence on vandalizing anything and everything that they stream. If I want to "skip intro" I'll skip the damned intro, I don't need *crap* on my screen on top of the program offering me that.

Likewise, and even more infuriating, if I've invested two [trying not to dissolve into a sea of profanity here] hours in a movie that I really enjoyed, I neither need nor want Netflix nor any other streamer to *violently* abort the credits and completely destroy the mood or, best case, force me to find and push the right button on the remote control at the exact moment when I should be thinking about what I just saw and watching how the people who made the damned thing believed it should end.

Streaming has been one of the big issues in the recent entertainment labor disputes. I really wish there had been a push to offer customers a rape- and vandalism-free streaming experience. It's crazy to me that the people who have invested their lives in art are apparently OK with the streamers essentially spray painting over Van Gogh.

I'm perfectly fine with it being optional. Some people just really don't care about anything after what they consider "the movie" is over and it's not my place to tell them they're wrong. All I want is a box I can tick that results in whatever I'm watching playing end to end without *CRAP* like I would get in a theater or on disc.

Well, on disc before Sony decided that even Blu-rays need to be vandalized.

I was wondering when someone would bring this up. I also am furious. They didn't ship my last disc in my queue either. I also have joined 3D Bluray Rental too, but it's not looking good. My first disc rentals were shipped on 9/19, and I'm STILL waiting for them. Whats even more worse, they are only about 20 miles from here in Illinois ( 2 1/2 weeks so far for 3 discs to go 20 miles???!!).

I was wondering when someone would bring this up. I also am furious. They didn't ship my last disc in my queue either. I also have joined 3D Bluray Rental too, but it's not looking good. My first disc rentals were shipped on 9/19, and I'm STILL waiting for them. Whats even more worse, they are only about 20 miles from here in Illinois ( 2 1/2 weeks so far for 3 discs to go 20 miles???!!).
My experience (so far) with 3D Bluray Rental has been OK, as it usually takes a full week for the discs to arrive to me in rural Arizona. I had 1 that took longer (about 2 weeks). I joined in late August (8 per month plan) and have received 15 discs so far (but none yet for October). It's not the fastest service, but I'm going to stick with them, as it's great to be able to rent 4K discs.

Are you sure they were listed as available? Many new releases indicate a "short" wait.

I always order available titles on Tuesday or Wednesday to ensure the disc arrives by the following weekend.

Are you sure they were listed as available? Many new releases indicate a "short" wait.

I always order available titles on Tuesday or Wednesday to ensure the disc arrives by the following weekend.
Yes they were available. I've been in contact with them. I think the post office lost them, or they were stolen out of the mailbox. Anyway, they re-sent them and just got them Sat after waiting an entire month. Others that I order after those first one have show up.

Back