New Chicago quad reissue from Rhino Handmade?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the news on the front page when I pulled up the site this morning. I went directly to Rhino and preordered before ever reading this thread. At this point the price was not important but the music actually being released. I hope for many or any new releases from Rhino.

I emailed Rhino about their shipping rates to International customers and got this reply:

Thank you for contacting Rhino.
We would like to inform you that we are working on standard shipping for international orders.

Thanks Steve for the info, worked great. For some reason I too did not get the "Free Shipping" code either, but the "MONKEES" promo code worked real good. Hopefully reasonable shipping will be worked out for for those trying to buy from overseas.
My order total:
Items $29.98
20% off for Monkees fans($6.00)
Shipping Charges $3.99
Sales Tax $2.77
Order Total $30.74

I ordered this today for $30.74 also. Shipping was not free but a small price to pay to get this "new" Quad disc from CTA. The Monkees Promo Code took 20% off. Cant wait to get it and treat the neighbors to some vintage rock n roll!

Wow! One of my fav. albums. I'll be watching here for the sound reports. :cool: CTA

Ordered my copy. I hope enough people order so they do more releases like this one.

I ordered mine today. With the Monkees code and shipping to Canada it was under $30. I've paid more than that for some DVD's. I think with all that's involved, that's budget priced considering it's a double album. If they release single albums in the future, I betcha they'll be priced accordingly.

I ordered mine today. With the Monkees code and shipping to Canada it was under $30.
That's amazing that you got cheap shipping. I was just ordering from the Rhino site and the only shipping option available to me was Rush costing $20.70. I was likely looking at $45 total. Rhino told me that they would be offering standard shipping to international customers. I'll keep waiting.

That's amazing that you got cheap shipping. I was just ordering from the Rhino site and the only shipping option available to me was Rush costing $20.70. I was likely looking at $45 total. Rhino told me that they would be offering standard shipping to international customers. I'll keep waiting.

I was given three options for shipping: one was 3.99, one was 9.99 and the other was 17.99 (roughly) I chose the cheapest option. It'll get here eventually, right? :)

With child #3 that came in November and 60 hours / week at work, I have been off the site for some time. I drop in this morning to a new format (really like it) for the site and a Chicago Quad DVD available. What a surprise! I ordered it without hesitation.

I want to support the niche business.. but also want to get the most bang for my buck. So, I figured I would ask here before putting in my pre-order:

Rhino.com does free shipping for $50. The Chicago DTS-CD is $30. I've never ordered from Rhino before, do they have any other decent surround mixes on the site I can order along with the Chicago disc?

This is Rhino handmade's first foray into anything in "surround sound" and I think that goes for Rhino as a whole. Folks will jump in and correct if I'm wrong on that......That said, they have a pretty large catalog as I recall so you could probably find enough to get you to the free shipping threshold. If you are somewhat new to 5.1 surround music in general, I'd recommend that you try to pick up some of the releases from the last 2-3 years <they have been too few....> before they become "rare" and their prices become painful, stuff like Depeche Mode, Porcupine Tree, if that is of interest to you. I would have hated to discover 5.1 in 2008 and tried to collect the DVD-A and SACDs from just a few years earlier. Of course, maybe you have all those already. John

This isn't quite my first foray into surround sound. I had a car SACD player by Sony a few years back and now have an Onkyo receiver + Oppo universal player. I have about 20 SACDs and 20 DVD-A's... there are a few DVD-A's that I'm missing that I actually do want to get but haven't due to high prices. I will soon though. (y)

Well either way.. aren't the DVD's of the American releases DVD-V and the DVD's of the British releases DVD-A? That's what I always heard about Depeche Mode albums... or maybe I'm thinking of someone else. I'll definitely take a look at some of other stuff though. The Doors Perception for $50 aint a bad deal.. too bad I recently ordered a new 2006 box set for $100. :]

The D.M. CD/DVDs were CD/SACD in England and "CD only" in America. Both versions were DVD-V, one being PAL in England and the other NTSC. Now all versions are CD/DVD only unfortunately.

Back