New Chicago quad reissue from Rhino Handmade?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea.. in that case I'd definitely rather get those SACDs... you got any recommendations for good surround mixes from the Rhino store, besides the new Chicago mix coming out? Here's some background information on my tastes. I'm 23 and was born in the USSR (heh). I like: Beatles, Zeppelin, Floyd, Doors.. as far as older stuff.. as far as newer stuff: Muse, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails.. some rap and electronic as well.

Those Depeche Mode SACDs are hard to find at "normal" prices, although some titles might be available to get - depending. So the DVD-V with DTS 24/96, if I remember correctly, would be a decent alternative if the SACDs are not available.

I'm not sure what else one could get from from Rhino in surround... Anyone else have any Rhino surround idea's?

Yeah, I wasn't implying that Rhino sold Porky Tree, Depeche Mode or even Genesis, just that they have been fairly recent releases (such as DM's DTS 5.1 version of their last album) and you might consider getting these before they become impossible to find. Not knowing your tastes I couldn't make a recommendation. Somewhere on our site here you should find a discography of what has been released in 5.1 (DVD-A and SACD), some of those lists may be in ongoing sticky threads. You won't find much commericlaly released surround Beatles, Floyd, or Zeppelin (minor exceptions excluded...). John S.

So you guys don't know if Rhino has any other good surround discs?

Previous surround discs from Rhino were DVD-Audio discs, and out of print. Might I suggest "The McCartney Years" DVD-Video. It has an excellent 5.1 audio track of many of his hits.

Try a search on their shop site with i.e. "surround". It turns up Video DVDs as well, how about a Genesis box?

Yeah the shipping cost ($12,-) regular International hurt, good I was a MONKEES fan :)

If they stick to their release schedule, then it should come out Tuesday, March 23rd. Hmmm.... I think we need a countdown. What day are we on? Is today 6? Six days and counting (down)! Almost can't wait. I"m looking forward to CTA in quad even more than I am PTs new DVD-A. Thankfully, I'm getting 'em both!!! (Soon, if all goes well!)

If they stick to their release schedule, then it should come out Tuesday, March 23rd. Hmmm.... I think we need a countdown. What day are we on? Is today 6? Six days and counting (down)! Almost can't wait. I"m looking forward to CTA in quad even more than I am PTs new DVD-A. Thankfully, I'm getting 'em both!!! (Soon, if all goes well!)

Wow! That's the day the TAMI show + toy story 1 & 2 comes out on DVD/blu too!

Awesome! Thanks!
~d

Just checked my order status. "Order Status: Unknown." "Tracking Status: Unknown."

This does not fill me with confidenz.

I received mine this afternoon, but unfortunatly won't get a chance to listen to it for a few days.

I received it here in Japan via USPS on Thursday 25th at 11am.... Even with the free shipping option.

Sounds pretty good - but not the frequency range of a DVD-A or SACD.

What's next, I wonder..... Rhino has acess to other Chicago product - - - And The Eagles......
And Rod Stewart's Atlantic Crossing quad mix would be nice....

I do not pretend to understand the logistics of shipping these things out... but I'd sure like to understand. I placed my order on March 2, just as soon as Timbre said, "It looks like this is for real!", and I still haven't gotten it - and I live in the USA! Oh well... does anybody really care about time? It makes me wonder if we all took them by surprise, i.e., whether they underestimated the number of pre-orders they'd receive.

What is it about music that drives a 44-year old man to check his mail every day like a kid waiting for Christmas?

I recieved an email from Rhino stating mine was shipped on the 21st. They charged my CC yesterday so I expect it today. We'll see.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back