New Member - QRX-7001

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjo800

QQ Supporter
Many of you have read my saga with the QRX-7500A. I'm glad it's over! The best thing to come out of it was getting a QRX-7001 from fellow member William Reid. Thanks w.a.r.!!!!! At the moment, or should I say for the next year or so it will be set up in my office/workshop. Just an extra bedroom with not enough room! I wanted to use the Pioneer speakers I got just for this but alas, not enough room to set them up. I has a set of CS-C9900's and a set of CS-B5000's. For now I am using 4 KLH book shelf speakers mounted high in the four corners of the room. Not a bad sound, but not nearly as good as the Pioneers! I do have a passive sub-woofer I might hook up to get more low end. You know the type....mains in and out, no amp required. Worth the trouble? Maybe I'll find out this weekend. I have acquired a few quad LPs' to listen to, also. Ray Stevens, Charlie Rich, Lynn Anderson, Mac Davis, Tammy Wynette....Yep I like C&W. But I also love classic rock and managed a few of those as well....Jethro Tull, Santana, Neil Diamond, The California Poppy Pickers!, just to name a few. If you have some quads you no longer want, PM me...I may want them.

I took a few pics during the cleaning of the unit. I'll share those with you. I think this is a very nice system.....glad to be part of a lost, but still strong, quad culture! Please note, the pics are not in any particular order......I'll get a few "action" shots later on!

Attachments

• QRX7001 - 7.jpg
    QRX7001 - 7.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 145
  • QRX7001 - 5.jpg
    QRX7001 - 5.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 140
  • QRX7001 - 1.jpg
    QRX7001 - 1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 143
  • QRX7001 - 8.jpg
    QRX7001 - 8.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 146
  • QRX7001 - 9.jpg
    QRX7001 - 9.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 138
Looks Pretty kooooooo Banjo, Glad ya got it worked out. Snood jealous :D

To me, the QRX 7001 is one the best looking quad (or stereo) receivers from the late 70s era. Great quad functionality in a pretty package. A truly rare unit.

Thanks guys! I really gotta move to a bigger room, though. A 12x12 bedroom just can't get that big sound.:(
I'm thinking of getting a set of quad headphones :music, I had a set back in the 80's that I used for multitrack recording, but didn't really need them. Maybe the next set will get used more!!:phones

Hello, Need help finding a 2 channel indicator lamp (bulb) for a 7001 Any help would be appreciated. thanks, bob

Back