Norah Jones, Austin City Limits

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquadad

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Hello,

I searched for a thread on this title and found either too much to sift through or nothing at all. From what I can tell from the cover it's a performance date of June 14, 2007 and was released in 2008. I am happy to report that it is a discrete 5.1 DTS surrounnd mix. Her band is top notch, the music is varied in style and the video is filmed in Hi Def. I have quite a few ACL videos and this one both visually and sonically tops them all. I wasn't familiar with Norah as a performer and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by her girl next door charm and damn good looks on stage.

The most unique thing about the mix to me was the piano that Norah played is in the left rear with her vocal in the front center. That leaves you the listener sitting between her and her instrument. The lead guitar is usually right rear, with drums, bass, more guitars and brass up front.

All in all I like this disc enough that I will listen/watch it often even though I was never a big fan of hers from what I've heard on the radio (she's more than that). There are a few of her hits on the disc but it is mostly comprised of songs I've never heard that showcase her versatility as a showperson on piano and guitar. She does do a cover of Blue Bayou (Roy Orbison) unlike any I've ever heard before where all she does is sing.

Hope this helps. DJ

Back