Ok, Pick Just ONE title you REALLY, REALLY WANT IN MC(with conditions)....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a fun thread, so I'm gonna resurrect it.

A couple of my top albums for 5.1 have already been chosen (Al Stewart's Year of the Cat, Radiohead's OK Computer), and since we're all getting one wish fulfilled, I don't need to add them again, right?

I'll throw in for Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. That would be fun!

Strange Avenues - My pick would be for Jethro Tull Rock Island - This album has tons of atmosphere when played through Logic7music, Dolby Pro Logic II music and dts Neo 6 music modes.

cheers

Steely Dan, Aja. Sadly, some of the multichannel masters are missing, so it'll surely never happen.

I'm showing my age here, but anything from the Mamas and the Papas would be great. Their production was ahead of its time, and even in stereo they sound great. I understand they were multitracked when they were recorded, so all of their albums would make great 5.1 mixes. Doubt we'll ever hear it, though.

+1!

All of the Moody Blues' albums not already released in 5.1.
Plus all the MB albums already released in 5.1 - and get it right this time. Sorry, just could not resist. In the entire history of 5.1 releases the MB set has been the biggest disappointment for me. I loved their albums when I was growing up. I think I must have ground a trench in In Search Of the Lost Chord. When the announcement came that there would be 5.1's it was a dream come true that could have only been topped by a Beatles 5.1 re-issue. I guess the biggest reason I'm so disillusioned about the MB 5.1 release was the blatant dishonestly in the release promos and the packaging. These are quad releases not 5.1. Record companies; whatever.

Wow, can't believe I've missed this thread! Some folks got their wishes: Rush, TAAB, WYWH, Quadrophenia or Quadrofacsimilia, as it should be called.

12 Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus, Who's Next and Eli & the Thirteenth Confession were mentioned & tempting, BUT I had to do with my vote for best ever album: Moby Grape. Moby_Grape.jpg

Listen my friends...

Plus all the MB albums already released in 5.1 - and get it right this time. Sorry, just could not resist. In the entire history of 5.1 releases the MB set has been the biggest disappointment for me. I loved their albums when I was growing up. I think I must have ground a trench in In Search Of the Lost Chord. When the announcement came that there would be 5.1's it was a dream come true that could have only been topped by a Beatles 5.1 re-issue. I guess the biggest reason I'm so disillusioned about the MB 5.1 release was the blatant dishonestly in the release promos and the packaging. These are quad releases not 5.1. Record companies; whatever.

I'm just grateful to have something from the Moodies in surround, whether 4.0 or 5.1. They were originally mixed for release on SQ LP's, but it never happened. I had initially heard that Decca had initially intended to go QS, but the quad LP releases were abandoned altogether.

They got many of us to buy them. Since I had the Q8's, it was the second time in surround sound. Besides 2 surround versions, I bought all the 2 ch LP's, 1/2 speed masters, dbx LP's and various CD's. I've paid for a few meals for each one of the classic lineup. Happy to do it, though.

I'm just grateful to have something from the Moodies in surround, whether 4.0 or 5.1. They were originally mixed for release on SQ LP's, but it never happened. I had initially heard that Decca had initially intended to go QS, but the quad LP releases were abandoned altogether.

Wow, can't believe I've missed this thread! Some folks got their wishes: Rush, TAAB, WYWH, Quadrophenia or Quadrofacsimilia, as it should be called.

12 Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus, Who's Next and Eli & the Thirteenth Confession were mentioned & tempting, BUT I had to do with my vote for best ever album: Moby Grape.View attachment 4915

Listen my friends...

I'd pair it with the underrated WOW; the pair together would make mighty fine MC listening (GRAPE JAM not included, I'm not that masochistic).

ED :)

Back