Oppo club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the information… that is very helpful!

if you use MMH to create your playlists for your Oppo you may have to experiment with the Playlist Preferences to output an m3u file with paths that will work for the Oppo.

You will need to change Prefs to remove the drive letter and probably set the path separator to a forward slash / for Oppo as it probably uses a Linux operating system. I’d suggest saving you m3u files to the root of the USB drive with relative paths.

These M3U Files have the .m3u file extension. It may also contain video files references.

I have made an m3u file for Best Concert songs that I often play when I have friends around having a few beers. Just play that and it serves up 20 concert songs without requiring any input from me. This work with mkv, M2TS and vob video files.

I‘ve also made a bunch of m3u playlists for ‘Best Quad songs’, ‘Acoustic Guitars in Surround’, ‘70s Surround’ etc. These have a mixture of FLAC, M4A (Atmos) etc at various bitrates/sample rates. Works a treat.

I'm hoping that this thread hasn't become too big to ask a simple question like this, but here goes...

I'm looking for anyone who's attached their Oppo 105D to a LAN, brought up the Oppo Network interface [that's output via the Oppo 105D's HDMI port] and had trouble connecting to a Mac computer that's been "discovered" by their Oppo player.

Our goal is to eventually create a "digital jukebox" that can be controlled wirelessly via a home LAN -- NOTE: we have no high-speed internet service available to us -- but the Mac computers that appear on the Oppo's network "tree" require a user name and a password to gain access. Long story short, we've recorded and tried every computer name, network name and user name that we can find (with their passwords) and have had no luck connecting the Oppo to either one of our two Mac computers.

It's also important to note that, during the initial configuration of the wireless router we're using to create the internal home LAN, we were able to share files, wirelessly, between both of our Mac machines. I'm no one's network tech, but that -- along with seeing both Mac computer names on the Oppo's network tree -- seems to indicate that our wireless LAN is, at the very least, functional.

Thanks very much for your time ~ B&W

Last edited:
103D owner here (w/ dedicated 7" hdmi monitor):
IMG_1428 2.jpeg

I would not mod an Oppo. These mods are mostly snake oil. Linear power supplies make ripple that is more audible than that from smps. (and I don't love smps) The main modification is that your wallet will be much lighter. This is true of modders generally though there may be a few cases where they are actual improvements.

Well speaking of Oppo, here is an interesting story. When I picked up my Parasound A21 amplifier, the seller started showing me his equipment. He had all sorts of multichannel gear in multiple rooms. I asked him about SACD. He didn't know what it was. I explained it to him along with its capability for multichannel music. He asked if a Bluray player could play SACD. I said, "Show me what you have." He pointed to his player. It was an Oppo 105.

Then I showed him all the SACD quad / multichannel material available on the Dutton Vocalion website, especially the twofers. I think we may have another convert. But I suspect that there are many, many people out there with this equipment who have no idea of its capabilities.

Well speaking of Oppo, here is an interesting story. When I picked up my Parasound A21 amplifier, the seller started showing me his equipment. He had all sorts of multichannel gear in multiple rooms. I asked him about SACD. He didn't know what it was. I explained it to him along with its capability for multichannel music. He asked if a Bluray player could play SACD. I said, "Show me what you have." He pointed to his player. It was an Oppo 105.

Then I showed him all the SACD quad / multichannel material available on the Dutton Vocalion website, especially the twofers. I think we may have another convert. But I suspect that there are many, many people out there with this equipment who have no idea of its capabilities.
Interesting…I stumbled into this hobby accidentally once I read the manual for the Oppo I bought a couple of years ago to create a 4K “home theater” in the man cave.
Now I use it to listen to music infinitely more than I use it to watch movies.
I thought the Oppo was expensive…but had no idea at the time that I would spend several times the cost of it snapping up surround discs - many out of print 🤑

I had just decided I was interested in getting an Oppo when they made the dreaded announcement of quitting. Immediately prices went crazy and I temporarily crossed it off my list. But when they made the announcement they offered people one last chance and a local friend bought a second one.
Later he decided he didn't need it and sold it to me so I got into the 205 club for $1300.

I have also been snapping up content. I love that I can buy Red Book CDs for .99 cents at Vintage Stock and for 1.80 at Half Price books. But both places also have DVDs of concerts , Blu Rays and the occasional SACD that the clerks did not recognize. Even stuff not in the above mentioned "clearance bins" is quite reasonably priced. I got an Archiv of Handels Messiah, two CDs for 3.99 and when I peeled the label of there was the label for a local record store at 19.99 In the last two or three years I have collected about 600 RBCD and about 200 Hi Res and MCH discs. I have taken advantage of sales mentioned here and other places. (Thank you) I still want to place an order with Dutton Vocalion, Surround Music One , and Pure Audio. (Thank you again) Although many folks view physical media with contempt I don't.

I do like movies but am satisfied to watch them on my 45 inch Samsung. In the past I have hooked up the stereo and that screen (which can do 3Ds which I have snagged a few of) will go into the listening room. But all the above activity is for music and concert discs. (We really do have a fairly long list of favorite movies but I just could not call myself a home theater guy because the passion is for music , even if its on DVD V or BD-V)

Last edited:
I had just decided I was interested in getting an Oppo when they made the dreaded announcement of quitting. Immediately prices went crazy and I temporarily crossed it off my list. But when they made the announcement they offered people one last chance and a local friend bought a second one.
Later he decided he didn't need it and sold it to me so I got into the 205 club for $1300.

I have also been snapping up content. I love that I can buy Red Book CDs for .99 cents at Vintage Stock and for 1.80 at Half Price books. But both places also have DVDs of concerts , Blu Rays and the occasional SACD that the clerks did not recognize. Even stuff not in the above mentioned "clearance bins" is quite reasonably priced. I got an Archiv of Handels Messiah, two CDs for 3.99 and when I peeled the label of there was the label for a local record store at 19.99 In the last two or three years I have collected about 600 RBCD and about 200 Hi Res and MCH discs. I have taken advantage of sales mentioned here and other places. (Thank you) I still want to place an order with Dutton Vocalion, Surround Music One , and Pure Audio. (Thank you again) Although many folks view physical media with contempt I don't.

I do like movies but am satisfied to watch them on my 45 inch Samsung. In the past I have hooked up the stereo and that screen (which can do 3Ds which I have snagged a few of) will go into the listening room. But all the above activity is for music and concert discs. (We really do have a fairly long list of favorite movies but I just could not call myself a home theater guy because the passion is for music , even if its on DVD V or BD-V)
I got into the “Oppo Club” shortly before their horrifying announcement to discontinue making these fabulous players, so did not get gigged on price. As I’ve said before - once in a while even a blind squirrel gets a nut 🐿
Btw - You can’t beat the value of Dutton Vocalion if they have artists you like.
Usually 2 albums on 1 SACD at an incredibly low price.
Order a few and even the overseas shipping to the U.S. is quite reasonable.
Fahgeddaboutit! 😜

I wouldn't mind getting the region free mod form OPPOMOD.

I only have one disc I can't play and it's Metallica: Through The Never in ATMOS. I would like to hear it.
There was another thread with a region-free hack for Oppo - and it worked (and I am the least tech savvy guy on earth)
I will see if I can find it for you…it was actually from Oppo Australia if I recall correctly 🤔

I'm looking for anyone who's attached their Oppo 105D to a LAN, brought up the Oppo Network interface [that's output via the Oppo 105D's HDMI port] and had trouble connecting to a Mac computer that's been "discovered" by their Oppo player.

Thanks very much for your time ~ B&W
I have a wired LAN connection between my 105D and a drobo 5N NAS, so maybe my experience doesn’t translate, but if the folders on the server contain the songs you want to play, it works ok. It doesn’t do playlists (which are a list of links to files) and it doesn’t shuffle.

I have a question about my Oppo BDP-95: I’m using the analog outputs for 5.1 playback. I was using the component video output to a 7” monitor, but just upgraded to a 10” monitor w HDMI. Is it possible to use the Oppo HDMI port for video only (so my display can be higher res) and still use the analog ports for audio?

I have a question about my Oppo BDP-95: I’m using the analog outputs for 5.1 playback. I was using the component video output to a 7” monitor, but just upgraded to a 10” monitor w HDMI. Is it possible to use the Oppo HDMI port for video only (so my display can be higher res) and still use the analog ports for audio?
They should all work simultaneously.

Back