Owners manuals

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phydo

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Jon:

For your consideration - if it does not violate some copyright law provision would you create a place on the forum where members could post downloadable files containing color scans of owner’s manuals, circuit schematics, etc, for equipment that has been out of production for decades?

For example, I purchased a used QSD-1 and SQ-W - neither of which came with owners manuals. Rather than post a plea for someone to copy and mail me the manuals (which I would gladly reimburse any and all expenses) it may make more sense to be able to just download what we need.

Justin

Jon:

For your consideration - if it does not violate some copyright law provision would you create a place on the forum where members could post downloadable files containing color scans of owner’s manuals, circuit schematics, etc, for equipment that has been out of production for decades?

For example, I purchased a used QSD-1 and SQ-W - neither of which came with owners manuals. Rather than post a plea for someone to copy and mail me the manuals (which I would gladly reimburse any and all expenses) it may make more sense to be able to just download what we need.

Justin

Just a Quick note, if we're not able to do this here for whatever reasons, I would be willing to at one of my websites.

What about other stuff besides owners manuals, such as AES papers and adverts, brochures, etc...? I have huge amounts of these and would love to make them available to everyone who is interested. Basically, an online 'library' for all things quad. I just need someone who will host all the stuff.

Photobucket for hosting?

I have been able to scour the web and download (for free) factory service manuals for my Sansui QRX-6001 and Pioneer QX949A. I saw service manuals for the 7001, 8001, and 9001 out there as well. There are several websites dedicated to Sansui that have ads and brochures (such as this one) but I don't know about nay other manufacturers.

Photobucket for hosting?

I have been able to scour the web and download (for free) factory service manuals for my Sansui QRX-6001 and Pioneer QX949A. I saw service manuals for the 7001, 8001, and 9001 out there as well. There are several websites dedicated to Sansui that have ads and brochures (such as this one) but I don't know about nay other manufacturers.

I have all my AES papers, brochures, etc... in PDF format, so I need to find a site that can host PDF's and allow everyone access.

If you guys want to send me what you have, I'll post it at Quadraphonic.info as I don't have really much if anything there.

Send your PDF (or whatever format) to: oldquadguy @ yahoo.com <--with no spaces

I'm super busy right now, but will collect it and post when I can.

If you guys want to send me what you have, I'll post it at Quadraphonic.info as I don't have really much if anything there.

Send your PDF (or whatever format) to: oldquadguy @ yahoo.com <--with no spaces

I'm super busy right now, but will collect it and post when I can.

Awesome! What's the largest file size you can receive via email? Some of the AES paper PDF's are around 15 Mb.

I don't think we need to worry about copyright violation, especially on older, out of production equipment. As long as we aren't charging for the files, I don't see why any manufacturer would have an objection to the instructions on how to use their equipment being readily available. On units that haven't been made in years, they would probably welcome not having to deal with one-off requests from hobbyists. There are plenty of people on Ebay and other sites selling reproductions of owner's manuals, service manuals, advertisements and brochures on both paper and disc for which they obviously do not hold the copyrights.

Personally, I would rather see the items posted on this site if that is possible. I do think we should restrict it to only quad/multi-channel related equipment in keeping with the spirit of this forum.

I would gladly contribute. For example, I have the owner's manual for the Russound QT-1 quad patchbay ready for upload. I scanned mine because it was getting worn and I want to preserve it. It is in the form of a searchable pdf file, but it is 21MB and attachments that large may eat up too much space on this board.

Jon Urban or The Quadfather please comment.

Mark

I thought I'd offer to do it as I wouldn't of course charge anything for it and I have the bandwidth. I was thinking the site could have how to PDF collection if folks wanted to contribute info. I'd keep all that free.

I do have a few idea's for surround that might be done, perhaps some surround site that would support bands. But I've got too many iron's in the fire to do much more than offer free downloads of old manuals so folks won't have to pay for something that should be free. But if it should be posted here that would be fine too. I don't care either way.

If Jon or anyone else doesn't want to hassle with it here, I was thinking about just posting the links to manuals all on one page anyway at quadraphonic.info.

It would then be no problem to copy the links and post them here somewhere, so you would have the page here as well, but wouldn't burn bandwidth here. At any rate, I'll post over there whatever is sent my way.

I got one so far, I'll try to work on the site and change it so it is something. Then figure out what might work as a link back here. I'm considering adding space or hosting.

Heh, I'd better think this through a little, although all the tools and options are with us.

hey Jim.
i have some just above 100mb mainly service/repair manuals in .pdf
i'm not sure would Yahoo accept attachment @ 100mb of weigth,
please check your "in box"

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to be getting a 20MB file through yahoo, no problem. Send me a PM for files over that amount, and we'll figure it out. Thanks..

Last edited:
I have asked in the past if there was a good place to post my old quad documents.

I stopped scanning them as I was tired of them being deleted from the free file sharing sites, and then dealing with the re-upload requests.

If you will host them, I will start scanning again.

I have asked in the past if there was a good place to post my old quad documents.

I stopped scanning them as I was tired of them being deleted from the free file sharing sites, and then dealing with the re-upload requests.

If you will host them, I will start scanning again.

I will host, no problem. As it is, I believe I already am on one file that was posted and lost, due to the internet.

Jim

Wow, I signed-up here at QQ a year ago but never realized I hadn't posted anything before! Perhaps I finally have something useful to contribute :) I might suggest considering something like mediafire.com to pass large files beyond the capacity of general purpose email. I use this frequently as a hosting spot to share bigger files with others, and it is free.

Wow, I signed-up here at QQ a year ago but never realized I hadn't posted anything before! Perhaps I finally have something useful to contribute :) I might suggest considering something like mediafire.com to pass large files beyond the capacity of general purpose email. I use this frequently as a hosting spot to share bigger files with others, and it is free.

There's also hotfile.com, so send and I will post. I'm also accepting, since they're already out there, where ever you find them, DVD-A, SACD, and Blu-Ray manuals for players and service manuals of those too if you have them. It seems that these newer type PDF manuals are out there when the players were new, then, nothing, they're gone. So send, so you always have back-up here. As always free and nothing to sign up for sort of crap. Thanks.

Jim

Back