Peter Tosh "Leagalize It"???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

captainwrong

Anyone have this? Looking for a review. Love this album, and I guess I'll buy it regardless, but I was wondering if anyone had it so I'd know what to expect.

It's a good one for Tosh fans. Features a new 5.1 Surround Mix that has Tosh's vocals in the Center Speaker and the instruments mixed in the 4 corner speakers.

The sonics are clear and it stands up well for an album originally recorded in 1976.

If you like Tosh, I'd recommend it.

I think this is a great album and the surround mix is very nice and laid back (not overly aggressive but with plenty of discreteness). I would recommend this one.

Maybe I read about another of his discs.....I thought I read a review about how bad the mix was, that the drums and bass and vocals were all coming from the center channel......is this another disc I am thinking of?

I cannot remember the details of the mix, I only remember that it was "very nice" (i.e. I had no obvious complaints with it). It didn't blow me away or anything, but it is certainly worthwhile. It very well could be "center channel heavy", I cannot recall, but that might explain why it didn't blow me away.

Basically, if you like reggae, this one of the better albums in that arena. If you're not much of a reggae fan, don't pick this one up just cuz it is surround-sound.

I remember the mix as Cai does. The vocals are mixed to the Center Channel. The balance of the instruments are mostly in the front with some use of the surrounds. The surround mix works for the music.

I should also note that with some of the high end SACD players, the center channel vocals is a big plus. I know that I actively seek such discs out these days.

One more question, and thanks for the info guys. This wouldn't per chance be a hybrid disc would it? (Yeah I know, fat chance there, just I don't own this on CD yet, so it be nice to listen in the car.)

It's a nice chillin' disc.

I like the surround mix.

I don't know why, but it tends to promote the use of cannabis as a recreational substance... I thought it had medicinal uses.

Back