Pictures Of Your Surround Collections - Please Share

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are most of my quadraphonic LP’s.

Attachments

• 744261C5-FB02-4BA7-8B39-E22A68D0A8A0.jpeg
    744261C5-FB02-4BA7-8B39-E22A68D0A8A0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • ABACB27E-CCDD-490F-AEB2-05D4F1B0E9B0.jpeg
    ABACB27E-CCDD-490F-AEB2-05D4F1B0E9B0.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 5C647237-42AF-4B08-A46E-115ECE8B92D8.jpeg
    5C647237-42AF-4B08-A46E-115ECE8B92D8.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 3E20F85B-3C0F-47FE-9388-D9EE8CD39FC7.jpeg
    3E20F85B-3C0F-47FE-9388-D9EE8CD39FC7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 0AFA660F-B4CC-47C8-9CED-08A92EEAECAB.jpeg
    0AFA660F-B4CC-47C8-9CED-08A92EEAECAB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
View attachment 86869
It took almost two years, from never hearing them to buying every studio album in surround, I never paid more than retail price for any of them.

I’m very happy to have them all
its usually at this point some smartypants comes along and goes "ah but you haven't got the ultra limited super duper version where the drummer farted during the outro!" 🤦‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️😆🤣

screw all that! Congratulations on doing what makes you happy! 🥳💝

its usually at this point some smartypants comes along and goes "ah but you haven't got the ultra limited super duper version where the drummer farted during the outro!" 🤦‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️😆🤣

screw all that! Congratulations on doing what makes you happy! 🥳💝
LOL, I don’t listen to anything other than the surround mixes, I have numerous deluxe box sets and every disc is untouched other than the blu ray/dvd-a or whatever the surround mix is on

Ignoring the DVD's, SP boxset on top), from the first full row down to about half I have all the various formats (DVDA, DTS CD, Blu raybaudio. Etc) in alphabetical order. Then a row of concert discs (mostly DVD's)...second row from the bottom is a row of CD's I decided to keep after ripping my collection and the bottom row is all of my videogame soundtracks.

Attachments

• 20221231_084545.jpg
    20221231_084545.jpg
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 0
It took a while ,over 12 years of collecting and happy to say I have amassed almost all of the titles I’ve been wanting. Lucky enough to have started collecting early . Excited and supporting almost every new multichannel release , mainly to keep the flame alive..

Attachments

• 556CE9E2-BDFD-4DFF-A657-396383D16645.jpeg
    556CE9E2-BDFD-4DFF-A657-396383D16645.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 7CED7066-EA20-4BF1-873E-AE920F2A0074.jpeg
    7CED7066-EA20-4BF1-873E-AE920F2A0074.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It took a while ,over 12 years of collecting and happy to say I have amassed almost all of the titles I’ve been wanting. Lucky enough to have started collecting early . Excited and supporting almost every new multichannel release , mainly to keep the flame alive..
Looks fantastic! And so many still in the shrink - pretty meticulous (something I can certainly appreciate). Is there any particular logic to the ones you have multiple copies of?

Looks fantastic! And so many still in the shrink - pretty meticulous (something I can certainly appreciate). Is there any particular logic to the ones you have multiple copies of?
Thank you , it sure has been a pleasure and a labor of love collecting..
As to the ones I have multiple copies of , they have been ordered inadvertently twice .. it’s what happens when you hit 60 and become absent minded among other things..:)

Last edited:
Thank you , it sure has been a pleasure and a labor of love collecting..
As to the ones I have multiple copies of , they have been ordered inadvertently twice .. it’s what happens when you hit 60 and become absent minded among other things..:)
I have a plastic box I like to call the 'box of shame' . . . it has nearly 20 discs in it of duplicate purchases. Not all music, some movies also.
What really gets me is I catalog my purchases with Readerware products (Music and Movie), use Discogs, etc and yet, here I am.
One best practice I have recently adopted from these QQ forums is to maintain a 'waiting on' purchase list in excel. This has helped a lot.

I have a plastic box I like to call the 'box of shame' . . . it has nearly 20 discs in it of duplicate purchases. Not all music, some movies also.
What really gets me is I catalog my purchases with Readerware products (Music and Movie), use Discogs, etc and yet, here I am.
One best practice I have recently adopted from these QQ forums is to maintain a 'waiting on' purchase list in excel. This has helped a lot.
Thanks for the suggestion. Truth be told , since I moved from the US back to Greece I have used both US and European online sources for purchases. I have friends who visit me from the US once or twice a year who are kind enough to bring them to me. I sometimes forget what I have ordered from the US and i double order from a European site .. that’s how I have ended up with doubles .. some pricey ones too , like Chicago’s Quadio, the Doobies Quadio . Al Stewart’s Year of the cat, which I hope to use as trade bait someday :)
But an excel list would certainly help!

Last edited:
This is not a picture of my collection but a picture of a screen shot of the software that I cataloged my collection.
I have finally completed my entire collection. I was able to find almost everything I needed in the Music Collector's and Discog's Data base.
For everything but 12" albums I did my own cover scans, mainly to have consistency in displaying the cover are in the Images/Cover art/Cards view in the software.

There was only one album that I could not find good cover art that matched my album and that was "Malando And His Tango Orchestra: 4 Channel Tango Best Album", Cat, No. 4DX-32. Maybe someone here in the forum has good artwork.

So, how do everyone here catalog your collection?

Looking at the stats, it becomes apparent that I am a discrete guy :). I have no QS albums (Except what is in the Quadrafile album) and very few of any other matrix albums.

Attachments

• Music Collector Screen Shot.png
    Music Collector Screen Shot.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
This is not a picture of my collection but a picture of a screen shot of the software that I cataloged my collection.
I have finally completed my entire collection. I was able to find almost everything I needed in the Music Collector's and Discog's Data base.
For everything but 12" albums I did my own cover scans, mainly to have consistency in displaying the cover are in the Images/Cover art/Cards view in the software.

There was only one album that I could not find good cover art that matched my album and that was "Malando And His Tango Orchestra: 4 Channel Tango Best Album", Cat, No. 4DX-32. Maybe someone here in the forum has good artwork.

So, how do everyone here catalog your collection?

Looking at the stats, it becomes apparent that I am a discrete guy :). I have no QS albums (Except what is in the Quadrafile album) and very few of any other matrix albums.
I use Music Collector as well, busy trying to catch-up adding stuff (CD/DVD-A/BDA etc.) to my database, more to add than my to listen to mountain!

I've very few LPs catalogued, I must have around 1500 (not sure how many), but haven't many Quad LPs.

However, my SM2 in Involve Mode/QS livens up the all the plain old stereo albums no matter what the medium :)

I use Music Collector as well, busy trying to catch-up adding stuff (CD/DVD-A/BDA etc.) to my database, more to add than my to listen to mountain!

I've very few LPs catalogued, I must have around 1500 (not sure how many), but haven't many Quad LPs.

However, my SM2 in Involve Mode/QS livens up the all the plain old stereo albums no matter what the medium :)
107E03E9-8FCF-4558-A4DB-0C2B0761C887.png

FFAC4E28-229F-4A57-9FA8-25200F4F4E03.jpeg

Here’s my modest surround collection. I’m new to mutlichannel-my first 5.1 disc (Close to the Edge) arrived January 20th, and this is what I’ve acquired since then. I may have gone a little crazy in a short amount of time 😄

Edit: Blue Train is not multi—sorry!

Back