HiRez Poll Pink Floyd - WISH YOU WERE HERE [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Pink Floyd - WISH YOU WERE HERE

• Total voters
Yeah the numbers are printed and not in hub area.

So yours could be a good knock off and one would never know- no country of manufacture?

Hmmm... not sure where you're coming from here. Couldn't anything you buy from ebay be a knockoff? But isn't some of it legit?

Where are you expecting one to find the country of manufacture?

Here is what I can tell you: my disc appears to be pressed, is well-printed and plays flawlessly. It contains the number I cited printed on the disc and in the credits at the bottom back of the sleeve. It contains your number in the upper left of the rear of the sleeve.

Could it be that there is a number for the disc and a number for the box set? Or something like that?

Hmmm... not sure where you're coming from here. Couldn't anything you buy from ebay be a knockoff? But isn't some of it legit?

Where are you expecting one to find the country of manufacture?

Here is what I can tell you: my disc appears to be pressed, is well-printed and plays flawlessly. It contains the number I cited printed on the disc and in the credits at the bottom back of the sleeve. It contains your number in the upper left of the rear of the sleeve.

Could it be that there is a number for the disc and a number for the box set? Or something like that?

It's from a seller in the Steve Hoffman forums classifieds. He has two Blu-ray Discs DSOTM and WYWH from the Imersion box sets. The DSOTM says made in the US and the WYWH dies not state a country on the disc nor the sleeve. I found it odd and backed out of the deal because country of manufacture is a big deal with both of these two titles. He said it was bought from the US which I believe. But it could be the knock off. You not anyone else was able to provide proff one way or the other.

So that's where I am coming from. Any questions?

It's from a seller in the Steve Hoffman forums classifieds. He has two Blu-ray Discs DSOTM and WYWH from the Imersion box sets. The DSOTM says made in the US and the WYWH dies not state a country on the disc nor the sleeve. I found it odd and backed out of the deal because country of manufacture is a big deal with both of these two titles. He said it was bought from the US which I believe. But it could be the knock off. You not anyone else was able to provide proff one way or the other.

So that's where I am coming from. Any questions?

No, other than your tone comes across as a bit edgy with somebody just trying to help you...

Guys....this happens to me a LOT!!!

I am 100% sure that there is NO ATTITUDE from anyone!!!
You can be upset the moment you read a post or ..I don't know, but ...PEACE!!!!

This is a VERY peaceful Forum...

Keep it cool and DON'T TRY to "read between the lines" for something that is not there...

Everybody writes in a different manner...sometimes MY posts come across as aggressive when they are NOT intended to be that way!!!
(also remember that English is NOT my mother tongue-same as with a LOT of members here!!!...heck, and even the ones whose English is their mother tongue!!!!!)

so...:chill:chill:chill

:smokin

Guys....this happens to me a LOT!!!

I am 100% sure that there is NO ATTITUDE from anyone!!!
You can be upset the moment you read a post or ..I don't know, but ...PEACE!!!!

This is a VERY peaceful Forum...

Keep it cool and DON'T TRY to "read between the lines" for something that is not there...

Everybody writes in a different manner...sometimes MY posts come across as aggressive when they are NOT intended to be that way!!!
(also remember that English is NOT my mother tongue-same as with a LOT of members here!!!...heck, and even the ones whose English is their mother tongue!!!!!)

so...:chill:chill:chill

:smokin

You are correct Kap'n..because the forum is global..language sometimes plays a factor... and then you have some people that are just naturally skeptical about almost anything and it comes off as condescending...of course some are condescending:)...so my method is to make a mental note about that poster and take that into consideration before I consider a posting encounter with that person... it's the intellectual equivalent of "turning the other cheek"....be the better person...walk away and consider it a life lesson...

Just a reminder to all...this is a poll thread...so observations about the actual music is what we are looking for

I know that and I would not mind if you or anyone moved my slightly off topic posts to another more on topic thread. Thanks.

Fellas, I don't think anybody has quite lost their cool in this thread, though it's good to watch out for each other. I'll admit I read "any questions?" as snarky. I suppose it's possible it wasn't meant that way. If it wasn't, my sincere apologies.
In any case, it is important to determine whether there are problematic and/or counterfeit WYWH BDs floating around out there. This would be the first I've heard of it.
We all know there are problems with some DSotM BDs. Were they actually fakes or just official ones that encountered manufacturing trouble?
Has anybody heard of problems with WYWH BDs?
Do we know for a fact that they ought to say "Made in the USA" on them? Isn't it possible that some WYWH BDs were made outside the US?
These are the relevant questions I can think of right now.
Short of finding definitive answers, one could just purchase an intact WYWH box, then sell the unwanted parts.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Fellas, I don't think anybody has quite lost their cool in this thread, though it's good to watch out for each other. I'll admit I read "any questions?" as snarky. I suppose it's possible it wasn't meant that way. If it wasn't, my sincere apologies.
In any case, it is important to determine whether there are problematic and/or counterfeit WYWH BDs floating around out there. This would be the first I've heard of it.
We all know there are problems with some DSotM BDs. Were they actually fakes or just official ones that encountered manufacturing trouble?
Has anybody heard of problems with WYWH BDs?
Do we know for a fact that they ought to say "Made in the USA" on them? Isn't it possible that some WYWH BDs were made outside the US?
These are the relevant questions I can think of right now.
Short of finding definitive answers, one could just purchase an intact WYWH box, then sell the unwanted parts.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Not being snarky myself..but...this is a poll thread...if this is worthy of discussion...somebody can open a thread about any problems...but this is all about the music:)

Can someone tell me if this disc with numbers 50999 029438 9 3
Is the US or European pressing, or even neither (a pirate).

I am interested in buying a copy from a seller, and they are saying the disc and sleeve do not say where it was manufactured. But he provided the number on the center hub for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Btw I want the US pressing without the pops.

That's the same number which is printed on my disc. It’s the EU pressing from the Immersion box with the awful pops on the 5.1 mix. There was the possibility years ago to request a replacement disc. I missed that opportunity, unfortunately.

However, I don’t know if the replacement disc had the same number. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Regards,
Andreas

Not being snarky myself..but...this is a poll thread...if this is worthy of discussion...somebody can open a thread about any problems...but this is all about the music:)

I think mastering problems on an entire first run of expensive box sets in the EU, errors that come out of the speakers as flaws might just belong in a poll about music sound quality, no? I think you might be mistaken, and stating "if this is worthy of discussion" is questioning even the topic's credibility, no?

This is not being snarky at all, but could a BD release get a low rating score due to a bad mastering flaw that ruins the listening experience? Or should that be brushed aside?

And where on the forum is this topic already covered, I am assuming it has been covered, I just could not find that thread.

From what I can discern if the disc states EMI CAPITOL as mine does, then she would be the U.S. version.

#50999 029435 2 7

box disc 5 # 50999 029438 9 3

Hi:

I have received today the European box as Christmas present. My box has the faulty blu ray. I have contact with Amazon.es and they have not replacement disc and no more boxes in stock. I can keep the box and they give me back the money

The issue is only in the 5.1 mix? because I have the Sacd too

Has anyone the EMI customer service mail in Europe?

Thanks

Hi:

I have received today the European box as Christmas present. My box has the faulty blu ray. I have contact with Amazon.es and they have not replacement disc and no more boxes in stock. I can keep the box and they give me back the money

The issue is only in the 5.1 mix? because I have the Sacd too

Has anyone the EMI customer service mail in Europe?

Thanks

The Blu ray has the 5.1 mix, the old version quad mix, old 5.1 mix by Al parsons (like DSOTM) and a stereo mix. They gave you what was leftover. get money back. The BD is the best part. Look a e bay for a stand alone BD

The Blu ray has the 5.1 mix, the old version quad mix, old 5.1 mix by Al parsons (like DSOTM) and a stereo mix. They gave you what was leftover. get money back. The BD is the best part. Look a e bay for a stand alone BD

Alan Parsons did the quad mix on DSOTM. He didn't do any mixes on this. Guthrie did the 5.1's on both this and DSOTM.

The Blu ray has the 5.1 mix, the old version quad mix, old 5.1 mix by Al parsons (like DSOTM) and a stereo mix.

It has a new 5.1 mix by James Guthrie, and the old 4.0 mix , which was not done by Alan Parsons, though no one seems to know/remember who DID do it.

There is no 'old 5.1 mix'. There are just the two surround mixes on the Blu Ray.

I thought the 4.0 was mixed by Brian Humphries who also mixed More. Is this not the case?

Brian Humphries is indeed credited nonspecifically for "engineering" on WYWH (all versions) along with Peter James. It's just that there was never, AFAIK, a definitive printed credit to him specifically for the quad mixing

However further looking turns up this video from 2012:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/video/producing-and-mixing-the-pink-floyd-wish-you-were-here-sacd/

wherein James Guthrie, discussing his mix of the 5.1, refers to going back to 'Brian Humphries's quad mix" to check for an extra piano part.

I thought the 4.0 was mixed by Brian Humphries who also mixed More. Is this not the case?

Brian Humphries is indeed credited nonspecifically for "engineering" on WYWH (all versions) along with Peter James. It's just that I'd never seen a definitive credit to him specifically for the quad mixing

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/video/producing-and-mixing-the-pink-floyd-wish-you-were-here-sacd/

wherein at 4:40, James Guthrie, discussing his mix of the 5.1, refers to going back to 'Brian Humphries's quad mix" to check for an extra piano part.

Brian Humphries is indeed credited nonspecifically for "engineering" on WYWH (all versions) along with Peter James. It's just that there was never, AFAIK, a definitive printed credit to him specifically for the quad mixing

wherein James Guthrie, discussing his mix of the 5.1, refers to going back to 'Brian Humphries's quad mix" to check for an extra piano part.

In post #354 (the latest update I assume) Adam credits it to Brian Humphries. DSOTM & AHM are credited to Parsons.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...1231-A-TRIBUTE-TO-QUAD-s-UNSUNG-HEROES/page15

Back