Pioneer players

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcsten

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
First, let me reply that, as I noted, there was no serious attempt to do a side by side comparison as they are in different rooms, in vastly different setups, and used for different applications. That said, running my VCR through the 5.1 setup where the TV is, where the 563 is, not running tapes, but simply a pass through of the on air signal produces considerably more bass than does use of a DVD through the 563A. There is certainly deep bass reproduced by the 563A, only at a much lower level. I will attempt in the next week or two to swap the players and see the results. In the meantime, my question is have you lived with both players and run them or simply auditioned them in the store? What is the basis for your conclusion that both players provide very flat bass response? I am always open to the opinions of others, and so am curious as to where it comes form.
Marc

Marcsten, I assume you are responding to my post in the "Universal Players" forum where I questioned whether there could be significant differences in bass response between two DVD players?

My only direct experience is a very brief comparison in a store. There was certainly nothing close to the huge difference in bass response that you noted. But I am speaking more philosophically here. Typically, the audible differences between DVD players (or CD players) are much more subtle. On paper, they all have flat response - in reality, there are qualitative differences between them, but not the quantitiative diffference you speak of.

I continue to suspect you are experiencing these huge differences in bass response due to the varying setups you are comparing them in. But I could be wrong, as I have not done any extensive listening.

Please do some more testing and let us know how it turns out.

Back