pioneer QL-600A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

performerdrummer

HELLO GUYS,I AM AFTER SOME HELP HERE.I HAVE A PIONEER SA-8800 AMP AND I HAVE A CHANCE IN PURCHASING A QL660A TO GO WITH IT.CAN I CONNECT THE DECODER TO THIS AMP AND IF I CAN HOW DO I DO THAT.IT LOOKS THAT THIS DECODER HAS NO MANUAL TO GO WITH IT AND THE INFO ON IT IS PRETTY SLIM.THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Hmm. I'm not sure what a QL-660A is. However, your SA-8800 is a kick-butt amp, but as I recall, it's only a stereo amp. Not sure what you're trying to do.

How the hell did you get vBulletin to accept your all-caps message? I can't even do that!

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!

Well, you're talking about 2 different amps. One of which is quad with regular matrix and sq decoding abilities, one of which is stereo. Not exactly things that you would normally need or want to hook up to one another, but you could take a line out of one to a line in of another. You can't use the decoder in the QL-600A with the stereo amplifier, if that's what you're asking, because the stereo amplifier is only stereo. But you wouldn't need to, from what I'm seeing online, the QL-600A is a decoder and amplifier.

Well i was hoping in hooking up the quad amp decoder to my sa-8800 and getting the quad sound from the front speakers if possiblle.sa-8800 can be used as preamp to even do i think that would be a waste since it is a really good amp.bummer since i really like that ql-600a from pioneer and would love to utilise it.thanks a lot anyway guys.i let you know what happens.oliver:mad:@:

Hi,

As "ArmyOfQuad" suggests your QL-600A is a matrix decoder/rear channel amplifier.

You can do the following (but I suspect that you'll have figured this out by now):

1. Make a stereo connection between the tape output jacks on your stereo amp and the "2 channel input" jacks on the QL-600A.
2. Make a return connection from the "front output" jacks on the QL-600A to the tape monitor/playback jacks on your stereo amp.
3. The QL-600A controls the volume "returning" to the stereo amp and powers the rear speakers.
4. You can then adjust the levels by using the volume and level controls on the QL-600A and the volume control on the stereo amp.

Brian

Back