Pioneer QX-9900 Help

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EUC

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can help. I recently came across a Pioneer QX-9900 receiver. It works great but half of the lights were out so I decided to relamp it. I have hit a roadblock with the lights that are in the speaker switches. If anyone has any information on what these are or where to find some I would greatly appreciate it. I also am missing one knob on it which isn't as big of a deal since I can reassemble the unit w/o it.

Thanks!

I have a large supply of original Pioneer and aftermarket lamps. I will check the service manual and see if I am able to supply you with what you need.
By the way. I have three QX-9900's. Heres a bit of info you may find interesting. Most people did not know of the this unit until the internet came along. The reason being, Pioneer only marketed it on the west coast. Because of its rarity and lack of sales data, it is not even listed in the Orion Blue Book.

Dave

The pilot lamp you require, I do not have. However, I will check with my suppliers. The pioneer part number is AEL-011, 8V0.05A and originaly retailed for $5.58.

Thanks for the information. It is the only plug in lamp I have seen Pioneer use. I found one mention that it was used in medical equip but nothing further. It looks like a subminiature mounted in a plastic base with metal ears that make the connection. Pioneer was less than helpful and only gave me their part # for the entire switch assy. There may still be hope for illumination yet!

Back