PLAY Issue with Beatles - LOVE [DVD-A]?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got out this DVDA for the first time in years. The disc will not load on my OPPO 95. Are there known issues with the title "going bad"? I guess I will need to try to find another copy.

I had a copy playing in my DVD-A capable Acura system. It suddenly froze and then when I tried to reload it, it wouldn't recognize the disc. Haven't tried it at home yet. I'll let you know when I do.

Just got out this DVDA for the first time in years. The disc will not load on my OPPO 95. Are there known issues with the title "going bad"? I guess I will need to try to find another copy.
I've had the disc for years and it suddenly wouldn't push on my oppo 205. I've cleaned the disc and still no longer works. It was a great sounding disc!

My OPPO players will collect dust inside the player over time and if I'm remembering correctly, the DVD-A layer was first to stop reading. I sent my player in to OPPO and they cleaned and checked it out (confirming there was a lot of dust and dog hair in there). It has worked perfectly ever since. I think OPPO is still doing repairs only.
I believe there is a thread here describing how to clean these out yourself at home (maybe it was YouTube)

Just spot-checked my disc—U.S. Apple/Capitol 0946 3 79810 2 3, matrix (1050416) 94637981092 01/02 (outer ring/inner ring), mastering SID code 0001 (both rings), mould SID code KKBV/KKNR (label side/play side)—in my Oppo BDP-103D. It autoplays, as expected. All tracks start, and I was able to fast-forward to the end of the final track (26, "All You Need Is Love"). The menu works, although the startup animation stutters. This seems to be an issue with many DVDs in any player since the beginning of the age of animated menus, so I doubt that's indicative of any data degradation.

There is, however, a spot of what looks like layer delamination beginning in the center of the disc:

IMG_1351.jpeg

This whole discussion needs to be moved to its own thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked My Disc.
Lucky, I still have Pioneer Universal Player DVDA/SACD/DTS/DVD player 5.1.
working great after all these years.

Plays auto as DVDA

My Disc was made in Austria.

I would be really upset
if I could not play this special disc.
Such a Great and Clever 5.1 Mix

Last edited:
You can add me to the list of unplayable discs.
In the oppo 205 it cycles on and on loading
Then I get a message unknown disc
It's a US copy. Haven't played it in several years. Looking at the playing side I can see the outline of an irregular stain.
So something has deteriorated.

Should I look for a non US copy ?
What's the point of getting another one if they will all go bad eventually.

Back