Problem Running SQ & QS Scripts in Audition 3.0

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. Schuerm

I am having trouble running the SQ and QS decoding software created by Lucanau and Orxfordickie. I have been in touch with Lucanau but was not able to helpand suggested I put my problem on the Forum to see if anyone can help.

I am running Adobe Audition 3.0 on a PC running Windows 7. I have made all the appropriate changes in the script to recognize the location of my .wav file. I have also install the Phasebug plugin. However, when I try running the script it immediately stops with the message “Script Stopped.” What I have noticed is that when I look at the VST plug-ins the Phasebug is greyed out. I have tried refreshing the VST list. The Phasebug then is in black but when I try running the script the same immediate stop happens and when I look at the VST list the Phasebug is again greyed out.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what may I am doing wrong?

J. Schuerm

i'd got quite similar problem albeit not exactly same. AA3 just crashes every time when trying to scan
folder with plugins if there are phasebug. if phasebug removed, everything works smooth, but script
won't without this plugin. can't find cause, so just gave up. if i need to decode matrixed stream, i use
laptop with win xp, on which AA3 and script works without problems.

...maybe ...oh, i don't know, it's because of...WINDOWS 7?????
I swear by XP....it's the most stable of all windoze....

We've all had the “Script Stopped” thing happen to us. I would check your script again and the changes you've made with it to make sure it's finding your files or if it's another issue.

I've run Phasebug with both Windows XP and Windows 7 and it can be difficult to install Plug-in's, sometimes you have to try re-installing a few different times. I have Phasebug with W7 64 bit as this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Audition 3.0\Plug-ins

I also have no problem running AA 3.01 with Phasebug in win7. If there is the slightest error in the file location (even an extra space) the script will stop

Last edited:
sorry, i forgot to mention that my AA3 + phasebug problem do not related to Window 7 but Win 2003 Server

First, I want to thank all of you who offered comments and suggestions about my problem. Now, I will tell you that I found the problem. Just so you all know that I work is in video editing and so I have spent a long career do that work on a Mac. I an just not to conversant with a PC, but I am trying. So what I did was record a brief script to see if I could find out what was going on. The first thing I had it do was to open one of my wav files in the folder where the SQ script was to find the wav files. Well, that was where I discovered the problem. I thought PC convention was that ANY file required the file type as part of its name so I had called my files front.wav and rear.wav. Well needless to say once I renamed them front and rear the SQ script worked just fine.

Again, thanks to you who responded to my inquiry.

J. Schuerm

Back