QRX-7001 connection question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey AquaDad, thanks for the link to the thread. That gives me some ideas I was looking for on setting up a 5.1 system. But I wasn't sure exactly how your NuReality unit works connected up with the qrx-7001. Which unit actually performs the "systhesized quad" function, the 7001 or the NuReality surround processor?

You explained the differences between the qrx 7001 and 9001, but I'm still not clear on what the advantage of having more wpc are? If the 7001's 35wpc are plenty, what does having 60wpc get you?

Also, as far as having a pre-amp in place, would a Pioneer Spec-1 be a good match or are there much better ones available?

I'm thinking for a 5.1 setup, I could use my SA-9100 for the center channels and have the other 4 channels driven off the qrx-7001. Can you control the volume with the surround processor or would you have to do it separately on both amps?

Hello,

Here's another link where you can figure out more about the NuReality: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?p=41933#post41933

As far as more power (watts) is concerned, if you have a big room to fill you may need to drive big speakers to fill it. If that's the case you may be better off with a 9001. However if your room is small to average size, the less powerful equipment should be fine. With my setup I rarely need to turn up past 1/4 of the way and I like to listen on the loud side. My setup is in a room that is about 12' X 10'.

Some other quick answers: The way I am setup I have to turn up both the Marantz and the Sansui in tandem to increase the surround volume. I prefer it this way because it allows me to tweak it to my liking.

The NuReality pre processes the stereo signal into a richer, fatter signal. The variomatrix in the Sansui disects the output of the NuReality into synthed quad.

Back