QRX-9001 weak in 4 -channel modes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezed1

I accidentally duplicated thispost from earlier, pardon me but I can't figure out how to delete it

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I have a pretty nice collection of quad equipment, including a QRX-7001, Lafayette SQ-W, JVC CDD-5, and QRX-4500.

I recenty acquired an ailing Sansui QRX-9001 and have a few questions:

1) My receiver sounds good in 2 -channel mode but is weak in any of the 4 channels modes, basically unusable in these modes. What types of things can cause this? Can a blown amp caused by Channel operation in the (Power x 2) cause this? I have also heard that the Power X 2 relay can develop bad contacts and cause weakness in 4 channel mode. Just hoping to get some guidance as to the first places to look.

2) Where is the location of the infamous bad pass-through joints. I should probably rectify this problem. Could these connections gone bad cause my problem?

PS: My F-2088 and F-2087 decoder boards are not sick as I plugged these into my QRX-7001 and they work just fine. AUX mode in 4 channels doesn't work for squat.

Any advice welcome except "you're stupid Dan". My wife could tell me that, she has to live with me

Thanks

Dan

Last edited:
Back