Quad Equiped Studios

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Has anyone else noticed the correlation between QUAD titles from Britian and ADVISION STUDIOS ?
I mean we have a group of Tulls, Gentle Giant, Mott the Hoople, and ELP and Yes recorded there (probably missed some).
Yea, I know, no Yes in quad (to speak of-yet!) But what I'm trying to gather is the fact remains we have a source for UNRELEASED VAULT QUADS considering the Gentle Giant and Tull. Hope I'm not jumping the gun with Minstrel.

Of course other Studios we're set up for quad.
Threshold and Abbey come to mind

Anyway I think it's a topic worth discussing and who knows may lead to more Quad releases.
Well I can dream can't I.

Come to think of it, King Crimson and Roxy Music did Advision too.

derek

Should a had a ? Mark after crimson and roxy.

a quick check of my discs (which I did not have in front of me yesterday) shows crimson is westrex, air, olympic, and command.
roxy is air - for stranded, country life.

oh well the others are Advision. Others-yes, gentle giant, jethro tull, mott, elp.

I guess what I'm trying to do is stimulate some sort of conversation around possible detected and undetected Quad mixes from the 70's,
and in this case we see mostly prog groups using a particular studio which was known to be ready to record quad.
How do we know-notes fr. Derek Shulman contained in the gentle giant quad discs.

And for Treshold, again-liner notes in the Moody Blues sacd's and Ray Thomas' s quad dvd.

Feel free to chime in

derek

I'm not familiar with Soft Machine, Proufo.

Did they record at ADVISION? (or any quad-studio?)
I think at least some of their albums were recorded there. I may be wrong.

It's a two record set, but Soft Machine III might be the best starting point.

Enjoy!

Hope to check Soft Machine out someday (or maybe S.W.or Jakko will do us the treatment!)

Regarding Threshold or actually LONDON RECORDS preferably, it would be a real treat to know if there are any

TEN YEARS AFTER or SAVOY BROWN quads in there vaults.

After all they did manage to release a very large catalogue of artists in QUAD (mantovani, etc)

makes me wonder......

derek

Back