Quad Mix - Art Garfunkel "I Only Have Eyes For You"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownboy

I've always like the quad mix of this song. I have remastered the song from the quad vinyl LP and posted it on YouTube -see the link below. There are differences - notice the strings @ 2:16 where inthjs etreo mix there are no strings. Also there is a double-tracked vocal @ 2:45 not in the stereo version. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrl3T8MaX8E

David

For some reason, I've always liked this one too, in fact, the whole Breakaway album to me is a winner. Especially in quad. It's so discrete, you can kill the vocals and just hear the orchestra track on some of the tunes. An excellent quad mix.

I like the mix, but Garfunkel's music is generally mush...which is fine if you dig his brand of mush...:D For me, though, the Flamingos' 1959 doo-wop version will always be the top "I Only Have Eyes For You." (issued in both mono and stereo, BTW).

Ever notice that "All I Know" steals a little from the bombast of "The Boxer" near the end?

ED :)

just grabbed this SQ LP. will have to wait till next year to really get the Waters of March. But looking forward to spinning.

Is there a poll. Angle Clair had great separation. so should this.

Back