Quadio bundle #4. Let the speculation begin!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fine by me, there is not much new material that I would care to listen to in any format anyway. New releases would likely be made as 5.1 or Atmos not real "Quadio"! Let's get all the old stuff re-released (or first released if unreleased quad masters exist) and then maybe expand to newer stuff later.
why is it sad? the whole point would be to make those old quad mixes available again in a modern format, priced an original CD-4 cart lately? how about the cost of a refurbished Sansui 9001? I hope the whole series continues with old quad mixes. Better still, you wanna use progressivly older 8 tracks and reels which are nearing EOL?

why is it sad? the whole point would be to make those old quad mixes available again in a modern format, priced an original CD-4 cart lately? how about the cost of a refurbished Sansui 9001? I hope the whole series continues with old quad mixes. Better still, you wanna use progressivly older 8 tracks and reels which are nearing EOL?
I'm not the one that said it was sad. I was replying to jaybird100, I agree with you.

For Left-Field out of the blue mind blown titles that might not ever come in immersive surround my picks would be:

Montrose - Montrose
Capt. Beefheart - Clear Spot
Alice Cooper - Killer
Faces - A Nod is as Good as a Wink
John Cale - Paris 1919
Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now
Bad Company - Straight Shooter
Clear Spot. Oh my... A clear, 70s style quad mix of that would be such great news, I'd buy multiple copies, and then more multiple copies, and open a store called Clear Spot. :dance

Clear Spot. Oh my... A clear, 70s style quad mix of that would be such great news, I'd buy multiple copies, and then more multiple copies, and open a store called Clear Spot. :dance
A clue as to why "Clear Spot" and "Montrose" both are such amazing sounding recordings:

Engineer – Donn Landee
Producer – Ted Templeman

See Templeman's credits on Van Morrison, Doobies, Little Feat, and Van Halen albums for starters.

Since Brian Wilson is practically deaf in one ear (apparently due to his father’s disciplining), he really never felt there was a need for stereo. I recall reading that he considered stereo to be “unfinished” since the listener could mess with the mix.
Doesn't he realize that there are "musical" hearing aids now that make music sound very natural to the point where you forget that you are wearing a hearing aid. I know this from experience. It's called a Widex Moment 440.

Doesn't he realize that there are "musical" hearing aids now that make music sound very natural to the point where you forget that you are wearing a hearing aid. I know this from experience. It's called a Widex Moment 440.
I used to wonder about that too.
I'm not sure what type of hearing loss he suffers from, it's possible that no hearing aid would help.
But, at his age and with the sad news about his dementia, I seriously doubt he'll be trying anything to help his hearing.

Since Brian Wilson is practically deaf in one ear (apparently due to his father’s disciplining), he really never felt there was a need for stereo. I recall reading that he considered stereo to be “unfinished” since the listener could mess with the mix.
Besides which, back in the day the mono mixes were the ones that got the artists’s serious attention. Just ask the Beatles.

Brian is reportedly almost completely deaf in that ear.

Gee, I didn't intend to crap on this thread. I simply commented that despite what WEA announced almost fifty years ago, a quad mix for The Beach Boys' Good Vibrations compilation almost certainly never existed. It was a moot point anyway, since the band reclaimed rights to those masters.

Back