Quadio bundle #4. Let the speculation begin!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not, what's the issue?
Ralf Hütter is the only remaining original member, and he seems keen on making the band’s legacy just the work from Autobahn to Tour De France, and specifically the new-ish “Kling Klang Digital Remasters”. Any pre-Autobahn work is largely unacknowledged, and in many cases is completely unavailable outside of second hand markets and… ahem… grey areas of the internet. (Worth noting a few years ago they did put the 3 earlier releases out digitally… on Spotify only… and in specific regions).

English language versions are the new default for each of the records, with German language versions being available again… only on Spotify… in specific regions. 3-D Der Katalogue, a box and streaming version of 3-D The Catalogue is the first time they’ve acknowledged the German language originals in years, and even then all the versions of the albums in that set are re-recorded/re-arranged versions for their live shows.

Considering how controlling he is of which masters/versions/albums get circulation these days it is highly unlikely that he’d sign off on a re-release of any pre-existing multichannel versions, meaning the quad of Autobahn and Minimum Maximum’s 5.1 will likely remain out of print/circulation for the foreseeable future.

Considering how controlling he is of which masters/versions/albums get circulation these days it is highly unlikely that he’d sign off on a re-release of any pre-existing multichannel versions, meaning the quad of Autobahn and Minimum Maximum’s 5.1 will likely remain out of print/circulation for the foreseeable future.
Ah. Another band where we have to wait for the last original member to die before we're likely to get what many of us want then.

The Joni seems likely from a commercial prospect as she's in the news and active now....
If indeed the QUADIO box set is Joni Mitchell hope they include her fantastic MILES OF AISLES with Tom Scott and the LA Express which I understand IS IN THE WEA vaults in QUAD!

And were the QUAD mixes of BLUE ever completed?

Oh, the possibilities!!!!!!!

Mind blown? Only box set that would do that for me would be the Eagles. That'll only happen when hell freezes over..... or hogs start producing beef.

My "duo" guess would be Seals & Crofts.
Female artist? Either Joni or Carly. I'd say Joni since they're probably gonna do a box set with Carly's mixes.
Male artist? James Taylor.
Group? Graham Central Station.

Would love to see something out of left field though. Like.... what if the all-girl group Fanny had a Quad mix made? That would be amazing. Or a Linda Rondstadt title....

If indeed the QUADIO box set is Joni Mitchell hope they include her fantastic MILES OF AISLES with Tom Scott and the LA Express which I understand IS IN THE WEA vaults in QUAD!

And were the QUAD mixes of BLUE ever completed?

Oh, the possibilities!!!!!!!

No quad Blue unfortunately. I asked about that and , For The Roses , both negative.
Only the three known , but what a selection! Court And Spark , Hissing Of Summer Lawns , and the unreleased quad of Miles Of Aisles.

No quad Blue unfortunately. I asked about that and , For The Roses , both negative.
Only the three known , but what a selection! Court And Spark , Hissing Of Summer Lawns , and the unreleased quad of Miles Of Aisles.
Don't forget that at the listening event in LA last fall, @ForagingRhino said that we might expect not just some unreleased quad mixes, but also some new quad mixes, including at least one by a mixer who was active in the 70s...

By process of elimination it would have to be either CARLY or JONI and either one would be just fine by me!

Carly Simon | The Real American Top 40 Wiki | Fandom
The Essential Secrets of Songwriting | Daily Articles by Gary Ewer

Many Thanks, Steve!
I'd be absolutely ecstatic with a Joni box!!! That would blow my mind!!!

Mind blown? Only box set that would do that for me would be the Eagles. That'll only happen when hell freezes over..... or hogs start producing beef.

My "duo" guess would be Seals & Crofts.
Female artist? Either Joni or Carly. I'd say Joni since they're probably gonna do a box set with Carly's mixes.
Male artist? James Taylor.
Group? Graham Central Station.

Would love to see something out of left field though. Like.... what if the all-girl group Fanny had a Quad mix made? That would be amazing. Or a Linda Rondstadt title....
Let's not forget Roberta Flack 🙂

Back