Quadraphonic EPs on eBay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fourplay

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Heads up! Here are two items which I suspect will be of interest to someone around here:

Steely Dan - Quad EP

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steely-Dan-...812617?hash=item1c605d5109:g:ct0AAOSwLnlWpqeM

Joe Walsh - Quad EP

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Walsh-T...807356?hash=item1c605d3c7c:g:Lv0AAOSwLnlWpqRY

The Steely Dan is one I already have a copy of in my collection. Scans can be seen here:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...s-on-the-Table&p=166528&viewfull=1#post166528

The Joe Walsh is new to me - in fact I had never seen another EP like the Steely Dan until now. At $38 + shipping each these seem to be pretty reasonable, for as rare as they are likely to be. So, go git 'em!

These are jukebox eps and have been around forever. that price is absurd, they are not worth half that. The material is all available on lps.

Another guy in California was flogging sealed copies for about $10-20 US a while back. I have wondered if they would be vinyl or styrene. I will stick with hunting the 12" LP's until I get rich enough to have a restored quad jukebox.

quadtrade is right. Those things are quite common, believe it or not.

The only JB EPs that fetch lot of money are the Beatles, Rolling Stones, LZ IV and Elvis Aloha from Hawaii, and no one of them is quad. All the rest are on the 1-20$ price range, depending on conditions, how many title strips and so on.

If someone want to shop JB quad Ep, be aware that some of them were released in both Stereo and Quad; so far, for what i've looked for, at least two, Billy Paul 360 degrees and Santana Welcome. So, be aware of what you're really buying.

About quad jukes, the two-three models that were available from seeburg used a passive hafler module, so anything else could decode it better. Of course the fact that ABC/Command were QS and Columbia/EPIC were SQ was irrelevant for Seeburg...:)

JB EP made by LittleLP are generally styrene pressing, the Columbia/Epic too, so nothing to write home about them, even if it may be nice to have on a Montgomery-bar jukebox the Ep from Neil Young "Harvest". :)

I did see on ePay an advert for the AMI/Rowe SQ jukebox. I had only heard of the Seeburgs until yesterday. Now that I know the discs are likely styrene, I will be even less likely to consider buying any.

Thank you. I'm into jukeboxes by decades and have never heard of these SQ versions. The Seeburg quads are rare, these has to be very limited run, since it is a 1975 release and quads for jb ep was dismissed the same year.

EDIT: it is ONE model only, a variation of the Rowe-Ami R-74, that was announced in november 1974.

Last edited:
You are welcome. I have never seen a quad jukebox in person, but these ads make me wish I could find one. Hope I win the lottery so I can buy a big enough shack to put it into when I find it!:music:music

I had the Seeburg quad jukebox and as said, the decoder was useless and just an add on. It could be wired for a new decoder if desired. Owning one of these is more about all the rest of the box and how it functions. A zillion parts, look for 2! May need it. Seeburg had a couple different boxes that said quadraphonic. Neither were great looking boxes.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Seeburg_SQS160_Quadraphonic.jpg
    Seeburg_SQS160_Quadraphonic.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 208
Since it is a 1974 project, distribuited in 1975, and it is a specifically SQ system, it is likely to have the Motorola IC set. The Rowe Quad Juke, as i was suspecting, was never imported here - just got the confirmation today from a big dealer of the past that is still working on these stuff.

I think that the only EP's and singles in SQ or RM worth more than $10 each are the oddball japanese ones. Better vinyl and potential for better songs. I see one label (besides Sony) is Tam records, easy to spot for the yellow labels and famous American actors(Clint Eastwood-not our member)or Japanese Warrior actors(Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee), likely to contain soundtrack music. I see some going fom 2500 yen upp to 9500 yen. Well, at leas they will look great in a mancave.

Back