quadraphonic sound system

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silex

hello all ! :)

i'm quite new to quad speakers methods and i had to set up a quaraphonic sound system for a show of some friends

Could you tell me more about this ? thanks a lot in advance !

serveral configurations shall be employed "pseudo" quad: 2.0 -> 4.0
or real quad: 4.0
do i need hardware ?
also wanted to know how shall i implement my speakers ...

sorry for my crude english it isn't my mother language :eek:

thanks

hello,

I dont think one should set-up a quad system purely for showing it to friends (because of the expense involved)

the cheapest route to get quad sound is to have a operational 5.1 surround sound system, and use a 5.1 source material

on certain types of surround sound receivers you can set it up to cancel the audio for the surround speaker and the 1.0 speaker

(hopefully someone will chime in with some advice because I don't really know what I am talking about.....just that's what I hear is possible)

as for a cheap vintage quad set-up get an all in one quad 8 track player/reciever and hook up your speakers

for quad vinyl- someone else should try help you

Colin

I just got a quad reel to reel, but before that bought about a dozen or so DVD-Audio discs, and have borrowed some DTS Quad stuff from friends. My receiver has a 6-8 channel input, so I was able to plug my reel to reel right in.

hello,
the cheapest route to get quad sound is to have a operational 5.1 surround sound system, and use a 5.1 source material

Colin

Last edited:
Back