"Real" Quad Speakers that I inherited (1966) and updated (crossovers etc) lo these many moons....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rikpepe

Those Scott Q-100s are still gracing my living room. They were 4 sided speakers were designed to give you stereo presence no matter where you stood in a room. And they operated as designed. You kitty cornered them so the 2 main speakers on opposite sides reflected off the walls and the 4 sides had a midrange/tweeter. A philosophy that I still believe in. From my Mirage Omnisats to my Jamo 360 "orbs". Any way when I added 2 more speakers and turned on my A+B switch and passed all signals through the wondrous BBE Dynamic Range expander -I came close to HDMI quality in the analog era. My rear (B) speakers were Jamo Bookshelfs and sounded different from the Scott Q-100 that unbalance gave me some nice pseudo surround. It really sounded great - I loved showing off the w and w/o BBE - many a jaw hit the floor when I didi that. Then HDMI and DVD-Audio obviated all that and led me down Alice's rabbit-hole to where we are today. Sorry if I wax nostalgic.

Those Scott Q-100s are still gracing my living room. They were 4 sided speakers were designed to give you stereo presence no matter where you stood in a room. And they operated as designed. You kitty cornered them so the 2 main speakers on opposite sides reflected off the walls and the 4 sides had a midrange/tweeter. A philosophy that I still believe in. From my Mirage Omnisats to my Jamo 360 "orbs". Any way when I added 2 more speakers and turned on my A+B switch and passed all signals through the wondrous BBE Dynamic Range expander -I came close to HDMI quality in the analog era. My rear (B) speakers were Jamo Bookshelfs and sounded different from the Scott Q-100 that unbalance gave me some nice pseudo surround. It really sounded great - I loved showing off the w and w/o BBE - many a jaw hit the floor when I didi that. Then HDMI and DVD-Audio obviated all that and led me down Alice's rabbit-hole to where we are today. Sorry if I wax nostalgic.
I'll bet that was an awesome experience. Wish I could have heard it for myself.

Back