Realistic (Radio Shack Brand) Quad system

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's some pretty nice gear. I understand that Pioneer built some of their better stuff, and the QTA-770 was their top-of-the-line receiver in 1975. All, in all, if it still works it should sound pretty good. I can't see what turntable you have, but if it's the BSR changer they sold, it's the weak link in the system.

The speakers are dead ringers for early 1970's Pioneer's.

Justin

When I came back from my second Vietnam tour of duty in 1972 I had purchased a pair of Pioneer CS-66's that appear nearly identical to the Realistic speakers shown in the picture - right down to the color and design of the grille. In the late 1980's they were still going strong and I gave them to my oldest son when he went off to college. That was the last time I ever saw them.

Justin

I have a Kenwood KR-8140 4 channel receiver and a Realistic QTA-790 4 channel receiver and they are the same. The only difference are the controls knobs. I paid 40 for the Realistic *sold new for $589* and $125 for the Kenwood recently. Depending on the price, I'll buy Realistic equipment.
attachment.php

Check out the prices on Ebay for each item that you are selling (also use the completed auctions area on Ebay) - Q8 tapes sell for a fortune (as others have said) - also certain amps/receivers get good prices, not because they are good, but also because they are unusual.

Back