Receiver Shopping: Quad Input + Atmos?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twocargar

I'd like to start listening to Atmos in my living room and possibly doing some remixing of my band's recordings into Atmos using Logic Pro. My current receiver is a Harman Kardon DPR 1001 (bought new at Circuit City!) and it has served me well for 18 years with its analog inputs for my quad reel to reel and my SACD player. A quick Google search and I found that Marantz has some models that have lots of analog inputs for my aforementioned decks as well as an Atmos decoder but they're out of my price range. Does anyone have any less expensive suggestions, maybe in the $600 US range? Thanks! -TCG

I'd like to start listening to Atmos in my living room and possibly doing some remixing of my band's recordings into Atmos using Logic Pro. My current receiver is a Harman Kardon DPR 1001 (bought new at Circuit City!) and it has served me well for 18 years with its analog inputs for my quad reel to reel and my SACD player. A quick Google search and I found that Marantz has some models that have lots of analog inputs for my aforementioned decks as well as an Atmos decoder but they're out of my price range. Does anyone have any less expensive suggestions, maybe in the $600 US range? Thanks! -TCG
Goooood question!

Good luck, as it seems analog inputs on AVRs have gone the way of the DoDo, except for older (used) models and high dollar Flagship AVRs AFAIK :unsure:

Back