"Rejoice! I'm Dead!" by Gong, out on 2CD & DVD this Fall!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly… :confused: :violin

No bugger knows what they are/knows what they really are anymore! (a lot of folk never knew I suspect.. but that's a different matter.. going way back in "DVD-Ancient" history!)... ok us QQ lot know the distinction between DVD-A and DVD-V, obviously.. and that above all includes Neil Wilkes who is seemingly single-handedly keeping genuine in-spec DVD-A alive and kicking! (oh and some SHF-ers who are not QQ-ers/or have not discovered QQ - yet - also know what DVD-A really means, I'm sure! :eek: )

This sounds interesting... All we need now is the the Quad mix of You that was mentioned in the liner notes of the tubular bells SACD...

Based on this tweet from Bruce S. today it will in fact be a DVDA, so title could be updated for this thread:

"Bruce Soord ‏@bsoord 6m"
"The new Gong 5.1 will include lossless MLP on a hybrid DVD-AV. For all you audiophiles out there."

Based on this tweet from Bruce S. today it will in fact be a DVDA, so title could be updated for this thread:

"Bruce Soord ‏@bsoord 6m"
"The new Gong 5.1 will include lossless MLP on a hybrid DVD-AV. For all you audiophiles out there."

YES! Excellent news, thanks Peter!
I'll be ordering this one very soon! :)

YES! Excellent news, thanks Peter!
I'll be ordering this one very soon! :)

And, true to my word, I just ordered this one from Burning Shed.
I'm not really that thrilled about the price (2 CDs and a DVD-A/V shipped for over $50) but it's not only important to support the DVD-A/V format as a continuing means of providing great high-res audio to us, but it's also good to support Bruce Soord's efforts, as this is now the third DVD-A/V release he has mixed in surround this year (following Riverside and the soon-to-be-released Pineapple Thief album)
So here goes nothing! I hope I like this! :)

And, true to my word, I just ordered this one from Burning Shed.
I'm not really that thrilled about the price (2 CDs and a DVD-A/V shipped for over $50) but it's not only important to support the DVD-A/V format as a continuing means of providing great high-res audio to us, but it's also good to support Bruce Soord's efforts, as this is now the third DVD-A/V release he has mixed in surround this year (following Riverside and the soon-to-be-released Pineapple Thief album)
So here goes nothing! I hope I like this! :)

Ryan, just saw the Pink Floyd 1965 box set price(OUCH), then this is cheap in comparison.
I hear you, all these deluxe boxed items are killing me.
Neat tweet today from Bruce S. on mixing this:

Bruce Soord ‏@bsoord 5h5 hours ago
Just finished an 11 hour shift mixing Gong in surround. I have officially left the solar system.

The 5.1 is 96/24 MLP and DTS, and the mix another belter from Mr Soord!

It's also, imho, a great album. Any fans of Steve Hillage during the "Green" era will most likely love it, in fact Steve guests on one of the tracks.

I wish it was, the site states:
Gong: Rejoice! Im Dead! (Deluxe 12" Hardback Book 3 CD edition) Delete 24.99 24.99
All prices are in UK Pounds Sterling. Subtotal 24.99
Delivery 7.45
TOTAL 32.44

It does come out to only $42.03 though. And it includes a book. Hmmm. Hillage on one song....

mIne arrived Last friday from Planet Gong, nice package in line with the Pineapple Thief album.

Not had any time to listen to the 5.1 disc but CDs have been listened to in the car and its a great album.

I've just listened to the 5.1: Rejoice! A great mix and a great album in a great package! I love this square book format. Surround is almost quad, with one very particular exception....

Back