Reunited Cream live CD/DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neil wilkes said:
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2M&title=731614&p=25&g=25&pa=stgts1
No mention at all of a DTS stream here, and they usually say.
No mention on Rhino's website either -http://www.rhino.com/store/ProductDetail.lasso?Number=970421
and if the label does not say, then how are we supposed to know?

Are you certain there is actually a DTS stream please - I don't really want to get another DD Cream disc.

It is DTS 5.1 - From the the top menu, under the audio options the only choice is Stereo or DTS 5.1. There is no DD - my DVD Audio player confirms DTS stream. Go for it!

Elmer, can you check your DVD box and see who is credited with the recording and mixing on this DVD? I found an article saying Elliot Scheiner was going to be recording this concert, and I'm trying to confirm whether that actually happened or not. Thanks!

elmer said:
Saw your other post re: the press release about ES doing the mix - sorry to say that it was not mixed by him. Credits go to Simon Climie.
Gee , no kidding!!!!!!!!!;) I only told him 100 times!:banana:

daved64 said:
Gee , no kidding!!!!!!!!!;) I only told him 100 times!:banana:

Gee, I counted twice, and you gave me no reason to trust your assertion in either post, for example, "I read it on the label", "I work in the business", "I am a close personal friend of ES", or "I was backstage at the concert". When it comes to information on the Internet, my approach is "trust, but verify". Nothing personal, but other than the fact that you've made 855 posts on this forum, you didn't give me any reason to take your answer at face value. If you want people to believe you, a little backup information would be helpful.

VACamper said:
Gee, I counted twice, and you gave me no reason to trust your assertion in either post, for example, "I read it on the label", "I work in the business", "I am a close personal friend of ES", or "I was backstage at the concert". When it comes to information on the Internet, my approach is "trust, but verify". Nothing personal, but other than the fact that you've made 855 posts on this forum, you didn't give me any reason to take your answer at face value. If you want people to believe you, a little backup information would be helpful.
Well, I tried to find the info for you from Steve Hoffman's forum, but I failed. A member there had first hand knowledge. That is where I got my info. There IS something called trust. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

Anyway, I was right, so that's all that matters.

One would think with all of the posts dedicated to the topic of The Cream "Royal Albert Hall Concert" DVD - that someone else besides myself would have picked up a copy and actually listened to it by now. It has been out for over a week - it is not exactly an obscure release. Anybody out there who has listened to this? Any thoughts on the actual content good/bad? We have now established that it is DTS 5.1 and not mixed by Eliot Scheiner.

elmer said:
One would think with all of the posts dedicated to the topic of The Cream "Royal Albert Hall Concert" DVD - that someone else besides myself would have picked up a copy and actually listened to it by now. It has been out for over a week - it is not exactly an obscure release. Anybody out there who has listened to this? Any thoughts on the actual content good/bad? We have now established that it is DTS 5.1 and not mixed by Eliot Scheiner.
Played the first hour last night. I played the DTS 5.1

It was what I expected. The 3 guys spread across the front with the nice RAH acoustics in the rear. Well done. Don't expect Flaming Lips type surround.
Nice bass and drum sound. Great picture.

I was more than impressed with the performance. Jack Bruce sounded much better than I expected. Ginger was great and Clapton was Clapton. Only complaint is he uses Strats the whole time (this coming from a Fender guy myself, but Cream's sound was Gibsons and Marshalls!). I also think EC played with much more economy in Cream than he does now. He loves doing that weedley-weedley-weedley up high on the neck lick too much. His licks with Cream said more with less, if you know what I mean. But hey, nice to see them together.

Back