Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, how are you making out with your Audio/Video dealer? Any progress in that department?
ironic that you ask Ralphie ----

On Wednesday this week I had a meeting with Dealer A. Dealer A is the one that had a pompous attitude and a problem 'finding' time to meet with me.
We actually had a really good meeting.
And then today, I drove 40 miles to meet with Dealer B ( Dealer B ghosted me previously. He called last week and apologized - family vacation, yada yada et cetera )
Meeting today was incredible.

Both have my 'road map'. I've asked for a Proposal from both.

It will be real interesting to see how this plays out.

ironic that you ask Ralphie ----

On Wednesday this week I had a meeting with Dealer A. Dealer A is the one that had a pompous attitude and a problem 'finding' time to meet with me.
We actually had a really good meeting.
And then today, I drove 40 miles to meet with Dealer B ( Dealer B ghosted me previously. He called last week and apologized - family vacation, yada yada et cetera )
Meeting today was incredible.

Both have my 'road map'. I've asked for a Proposal from both.

It will be real interesting to see how this plays out.
I remember a meeting with my dealer some years ago. He said: flash your lights twice, honk your horn once. And there he was.

sorry for self gratification but me and Ma Nature were digging this moment

345barnsetting2.jpg

Maybe the knowledge base here in QQ could be 'Dealer C' - document what home theater equipment you want in your home theater setup here in QQ and possibly other QQ members could help enough with the installation configuration that a home theater installer wouldn't be needed.

Kirk Bayne

Maybe the knowledge base here in QQ could be 'Dealer C' - document what home theater equipment you want in your home theater setup here in QQ and possibly other QQ members could help enough with the installation configuration that a home theater installer wouldn't be needed.

Kirk Bayne
I seriously considered this but looking at the overall project, its big, and not sure if there is enough time and ambition on my part to pull it off.
Here is the overall plan -
Serious Atmos system and Video Projection in barn
5.1 system in barn garage ( doing this one myself )
Video in 4 places in house with lower family room having in wall and in ceiling 5.1.2 Atmos lite system also
Structured Wiring and dedicated home network in barn and house
Install, Set Up and CALIBRATION of all the above
Service after the sale

And Im General Contracting the whole build project. Plus working my other day job ( for just a wee bit longer btw )

Lets see how Dealer A and Dealer B respond.

Last edited:
I hear ya. My yard is abundant with the fuzzies from the dandelions.
I remember as a kid that we would blow on the fuzzies and loved watching them spread all over the place. Then mom would pick them and make us eat the nasty bitter tasting leaves. Then I was rescued by Weed b Gon. LOL

I try to dig mine up before that happens. Looks like you have an impossible job.
Easy to get rid of if you can get a hose out there. Just get a few Ortho Weed-Clear sprayers and you'll get rid of 90% of them on the first application. Of course that makes sense for a lawn around your house, for an open field it might not be practical.

last week's Dandelion Wine is this weeks' Fuzzy Navel
View attachment 105163
Dandelions are the bane of my existence. 🤬
I try to dig mine up before that happens. Looks like you have an impossible job.

Why can't the grass grow like this? No, it's all the stuff we don't want that grows. My problem is moss. It is also my solution because it is the only thing that will thrive in the shady places. Better to just go back inside and play Who's Next in Atmos.

So Ricky, where will you display the Lombardi Trophy when the Lions let you keep it for a week next year?
AR
funny you ask. there have been several meetings with the local 4H and Farmers Co-op regarding this
We've also published editorially in the following local for advice
https://theoveriselbureau.wordpress.com

Feedback has been given. Here is the results.
There will be a John Deere exclusive parade on 2 days for the locals to see
Parade Route One is for New Salem
Parade Route 2 is for North Dorr
Day 3 the trophy will reside on the top of Farmer Joes corn dryer ( 3.5 stories high ) for all in the Ottogan area to see
Days 4 - 5 - 6 and 7 the Lombardi will reside at The Countryside Inn in North Dorr. Maps will be published soon
countrysideinn.jpg

Last edited:
I got shingles.

those areas without shingles will get metal roofing. Note to the astute - we ran out of Ice and Water Shield. Yes those areas lacking it will get it

View attachment 105376
AR
funny you ask. there have been several meetings with the local 4H and Farmers Co-op regarding this
Weve also published editorially in the following local for advice
https://theoveriselbureau.wordpress.com

Feedback has been given. Here is the results.
There will be a John Deere exclusive parade on 2 days for the locals to see
Parade Route One is for New Salem
Parade Route 2 is for North Dorr
Day 3 the trophy will reside on the top of Farmer Joes corn dryer ( 3.5 stories high ) for all in the Ottogan area to see
Days 4 - 5 - 6 and 7 the Lombardi will reside at The Countryside Inn in North Dorr. Maps will be published soonView attachment 105377
Oh, DEERE, Ricko! Shingles????...that tingly, burning sensation inside reminiscient of

Back