Rip Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is not working for me. When I install the key I get the message "Your temporary key has expired and was removed, Please restart the application". The key is the one from the link and it states that it is good until the end of November. So must be expired.
Did you install the new version that I linked? There's two components here, the SW version as well as the key.

Did you install the new version that I linked? There's two components here, the SW version as well as the key.
I tried both installing the new software and updating the key multiple times but no luck.
I've been using MakeMKV for years and this is the first time I've had any issues.
I entered the new registration code and it tells me I need to close and restart the program for the code to take effect.
When I do restart it, it tells me the code is expired and asks for the new code. After that, it repeats the same thing as before. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software as well as re-inputting the key but no luck. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

I have the latest version of the software. It is only showing one file. What am I doing wrong? Have you tried to rip any of the latest Quadios?

Thank You, I'll try it when the new key becomes available.

Thank You, that key expired at the end of November, so just waiting on the new code.
Yes I ripped all the quadios individual tracks no problem.

Yes I did.
I tried both installing the new software and updating the key multiple times but no luck.
I've been using MakeMKV for years and this is the first time I've had any issues.
I entered the new registration code and it tells me I need to close and restart the program for the code to take effect.
When I do restart it, it tells me the code is expired and asks for the new code. After that, it repeats the same thing as before. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software as well as re-inputting the key but no luck. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Same here!

On Windows you need to do some registry cleaning to do a fresh 'temp' install. It is easier, and safer, to wait a few days until a new key is posted.
Or, of course, send them $60 USD and purchase it.

Make sure to extract all your Christmas goodies before New Year's Eve or you will have to wait again to catch up.

I have opened this thread only to see how others are answering the OP's orginal question.
It seems I use MKV daily sometimes, too much. Blu Rays seem to be flying in of late.
I guess I am confused. I have no issues using MKV and have used as recently as 3 days ago with the new Peter Gabriel.
I must have a paid for subscription?
I don't remember a Beta version?
I just opened my MKV and there are no updates required?
Not looking for problems, just trying to learn what y'all are going through?

If your current key is good, you bought it. The temp key expired 5 days ago so the trial copy is defunct until a new one is posted.
As others have mentioned, if you delete the expired version, and re-download it, it works again without temporary (expired) key.

Tried that and it didn't work.
I tried the expired key, it didn't work, so I simply deleted the app in Windows 10, re-downloaded it, and installed. That was yesterday and it still works today.

I ripped one, tried a second, got the message so it looks like 1 rip.
A second uninstall/reload yielded the same results, probably due to the version matching.
I am sure I can clear all registry entries, but that isn't worth it when I can just wait a few days.

I need to get a gift VISA and just pay for it, they certainly deserve it.

Here is a screenshot of how I ripped the Paranoid Quadio to FLAC

1. created an ISO file + Paranoid.iso
2. Mounted as a disc in Windows
3. Ran MakeMKV = title_t00.mkv
4. Opened 'title-t00' in Foobar 2000
5. Used convert function to produce the individual FLAC files

Attachments

• Foobar2000.jpg
    Foobar2000.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
  • makeMKV.jpg
    makeMKV.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Clipboard Image.jpg
    Clipboard Image.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 0
Here is a screenshot of how I ripped the Paranoid Quadio to FLAC

1. created an ISO file + Paranoid.iso
2. Mounted as a disc in Windows
3. Ran MakeMKV = title_t00.mkv
4. Opened 'title-t00' in Foobar 2000
5. Used convert function to produce the individual FLAC files
Again, to keep everything fully compatible with everything, I always take the time to add blank channels for center/sub, so all my (2D) files are seen as 5.1, and not 4.0.

For those in a hurry: assuming you have the previous version (1.17.14, which you will also find in their website), have you tried cheating on the computer date, backdating to November with the latest key code? It worked for me.

Back